Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So mine just popped up in my Tesla account to give me options for date/times (under Manage). I suppose it was just a minor delay.
Cheers!

I opened the website with private browsing and it appeared.

Another questions is, I applied with Tesla Financing with the down payment 4500. and now it is asking me to provide bank details in order to take this money. Should I do that now or, should I do when taking the delivery

I opened the website with private browsing and it appeared.

Another questions is, I applied with Tesla Financing with the down payment 4500. and now it is asking me to provide bank details in order to take this money. Should I do that now or, should I do when taking the delivery

Up to you, i held off until the day before pickup. (which is today) But some wait and pay at delivery.

last 5 digits.. also whats the character before the F in the VIN number. M says its 2021 model and L says its 2020. I have a 2019 Model 3 and love it.
Thanks for info! Still loving it, it’s beautiful, ignoring the imperfections. Here’s a pic when I took aero wheel cover off one wheel to see & decided to run with all off & Tesla caps.

Attachments

• 83417E7A-84A5-4181-9CC9-088AA8E8A5B3.jpeg
    83417E7A-84A5-4181-9CC9-088AA8E8A5B3.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 96
I called local Tesla (Charlotte) to confirm whether everything is on schedule for my MY delivery Sunday 10/25. For my disappoinment, the guy said there is a delay in them receiving the shipment and hence they have to reschedule my delivery. They are receiving the shipment on the 27th now and earliest they can schedule is for 28th. Unfortunately I can't make it till the 30th. So, it is now scheduled for Friday October 30. Again, waiting continues...

I called local Tesla (Charlotte) to confirm whether everything is on schedule for my MY delivery Sunday 10/25. For my disappoinment, the guy said there is a delay in them receiving the shipment and hence they have to reschedule my delivery. They are receiving the shipment on the 27th now and earliest they can schedule is for 28th. Unfortunately I can't make it till the 30th. So, it is now scheduled for Friday October 30. Again, waiting continues...
I’m to hear your delivery was delayed. Good luck on October 30th!

We live close by the Raleigh SC, so popped in to see if ours had arrived. Found it getting cleaned in the shop! A friendly employee verified it was ours after we told him what VIN we were looking for. We may be able to pick it up today.

There were several MYs on the lot. All of them were 2021s and looked really good for fit/finish/paint. The gap between the plastic rocker panels and the doors featured in September 2020 builds has been much improved or eliminated. Taillights were flush. Only fit issue we saw was present in some capacity on all: the trunk was uneven with the bumper on the left-hand side. It was less pronounced on the right. The white MYs also all had mismatched bumpers, unfortunately.

We could not verify if any featured the double paned windows since they were all locked.

Attachments

• 7AC4AC69-BBB0-425B-8E6C-5E56A6FB7CE8.jpeg
    7AC4AC69-BBB0-425B-8E6C-5E56A6FB7CE8.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
We live close by the Raleigh SC, so popped in to see if ours had arrived. Found it getting cleaned in the shop! A friendly employee verified it was ours after we told him what VIN we were looking for. We may be able to pick it up today.

There were several MYs on the lot. All of them were 2021s and looked really good for fit/finish/paint. The gap between the plastic rocker panels and the doors featured in September 2020 builds has been much improved or eliminated. Taillights were flush. Only fit issue we saw was present in some capacity on all: the trunk was uneven with the bumper on the left-hand side. It was less pronounced on the right. The white MYs also all had mismatched bumpers, unfortunately.

We could not verify if any featured the double paned windows since they were all locked.

here’s a pic of my front and rear Windows. I assume front is double pane. Just picked up car yesterday.

Sorry if I break something uploading them. First timer.

Attachments

• D453A64E-BC49-4F18-9CCE-480641B4D812.jpeg
    D453A64E-BC49-4F18-9CCE-480641B4D812.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 4E3041BD-0304-4D1A-BD0A-C21035A8B498.jpeg
    4E3041BD-0304-4D1A-BD0A-C21035A8B498.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 68
here’s a pic of my front and rear Windows. I assume front is double pane. Just picked up car yesterday.

Sorry if I break something uploading them. First timer.
Yes! Those are double paned in the front. Congrats!!

Ours unfortunately has single paned windows throughout. Not too worried about it since we’re getting ceramic tint applied and we are satisfied with the current cabin noise.

We got to inspect it this afternoon and it’s absolutely perfect. No plans for a service appointment.

Attachments

• C88C557B-80A3-4E92-B1C4-A00E46243466.jpeg
    C88C557B-80A3-4E92-B1C4-A00E46243466.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 52
  • 62E23E51-7113-44AA-AC4E-3E3245AAD56A.jpeg
    62E23E51-7113-44AA-AC4E-3E3245AAD56A.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: alexcue
Yes! Those are double paned in the front. Congrats!!

Ours unfortunately has single paned windows throughout. Not too worried about it since we’re getting ceramic tint applied and we are satisfied with the current cabin noise.

We got to inspect it this afternoon and it’s absolutely perfect. No plans for a service appointment.

that’s how mine was, congrats. It was perfect... I’m not complaining and no after delivery visit to fix anything.

Reactions: mnsweeps and TRBo
I received my delivery text today, scheduled for 10/26, crazy, that is the only text I have received from Tesla.. so was worried I would not receive it! I just went on the Geico site to swap out my insurance and insert my new VIN, very odd, Geico does not have the Model Y in their systems! 48-hour turnaround to get any assistance ... sounds expensive!
Did your delivery happen today? or happening?