Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October Orders... what did we do wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just looked at inventory in LA. I posted this on the Cali thread:
My exact car is available in multiple locations. Ordered 10/28 and nothing. No VIN, no estimate for delivery, nothing. How is this good business. I am done!

Yesterday, my SA told me my car wasn’t in production yet. I don’t understand the Tesla model. I know everyone says when you finally take delivery you will forget about all these piss poor customer relations. I guess if you haven’t been waiting since October it’s a different journey.

The only Kool-Aid for you guys is sour grape flavor... Do you guys know how long most people have had to wait? I hate to laugh when there is frustration but your wait is extremely short compared to many others before you. October-December. :eek: :) :D

I see 4 cars that match my configuration at my dc that popped up this evening. I ordered on 10/31. How is this okay? As if people should just shut up and take it.

I see 4 cars that match my configuration at my dc that popped up this evening. I ordered on 10/31. How is this okay? As if people should just shut up and take it.

I take everything that the people at the DCs say with a grain of salt at this point, but what they told me when I called about an hour ago about that, was that those VINs are in pre production and not on the lot, and that they may or may not be delivered before the end of the year. The guy I talked to did genuinely seem surprised when I mentioned that there were VINs showing online in their inventory. Idk I guess I just have to wait and see.

I just looked at inventory in LA. I posted this on the Cali thread:
My exact car is available in multiple locations. Ordered 10/28 and nothing. No VIN, no estimate for delivery, nothing. How is this good business. I am done!

Yesterday, my SA told me my car wasn’t in production yet. I don’t understand the Tesla model. I know everyone says when you finally take delivery you will forget about all these piss poor customer relations. I guess if you haven’t been waiting since October it’s a different journey.

Quick update: I finally have a VIN number. There is hope that I will take delivery this week. I hope other October orders are experiencing the same.

I doubt any of those cars that many are seeing as "available at my local DC" are actually not accounted for. They likely are showing up available in teslas system to receive them, and then they most likely are getting assigned to people. People calling / asking their CAs to "switch them to car so and so" are not having a ton of luck, unless its a stealth. If you ever ordered a car from a traditional car manufacturer, it shows up in the dealers inventory as well, and will show up in internet searches etc before you pick it up (at least BMWs do for 100% sure).