Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus tariffs and solar PV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is an interesting one this. I've just joined Octopus (from Bulb) and after a few days went on to the Go tariff. They didn't once ask for any evidence that I owned or used an EV.
Yes, nothing has been mentioned until now and I did say it was on order and being delivered in a matter of weeks.

Anyway. I’m happy to wait as long as it doesn’t take too long to do the switch… How long did it take you to switch from making the call? I’ve got all the correct smart meter etc.

Yes, nothing has been mentioned until now and I did say it was on order and being delivered in a matter of weeks.

Anyway. I’m happy to wait as long as it doesn’t take too long to do the switch… How long did it take you to switch from making the call? I’ve got all the correct smart meter etc.
From initial contact it took about 17 days to complete the switch to Octopus. I initially went on to an intermediate tariff and there was some confusion over my meter, which is a SMETS1 but one of the Secure ones which they can read. I reckon it took another few days to sort that out and complete the switch to the Go tariff.

Could you let me know how it goes please, I am just up the road also and am considering exactly the same options and would prefer to use a local company. Thanks
Of course, no problem. The last communication I had from them suggested they would start work the beginning of December, but there were also mutterings of "supply chain problems" and I think batteries are proving difficult to source, so it may be a while!