TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Odd behavior: high beam flash on exit of car & miles left increase after entering car

Discussion in 'Model S' started by derekmw, Nov 1, 2016.

1. derekmw

derekmw Member

Has anyone seen these two things occur? I don't know if it was after the most recent update but:

1. After I park and start to get out of the car, the high beams flash once. The first few times, I thought I must have bumped the headlight stalk, but I noticed it happens every time I park and get out of the car.

2. Occasionally I will get into the car to drive, look at the battery level/miles left, and it will jump up (ex: 182 when I get into car and within a few seconds, it jumps to 195)

Has anyone else been seeing this? I searched but nothing came up but not sure if I'm just not using the right verbiage here.

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

For the past few firmware versions, I've noticed the headlights flash briefly every time I "start" the car before the DRLs come on. Not good for the life of HID bulbs. Haven't noticed the "upon exit" flash, but will keep my eyes open.

I have for many years seen the guess-o-meter change sort of like you describe. I will often park, go grab a coffee and when I leave it will be a few miles higher than when I parked. Usually 2 or 3 miles... not the 13 miles you are seeing.