Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd behavior: high beam flash on exit of car & miles left increase after entering car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen these two things occur? I don't know if it was after the most recent update but:

1. After I park and start to get out of the car, the high beams flash once. The first few times, I thought I must have bumped the headlight stalk, but I noticed it happens every time I park and get out of the car.

2. Occasionally I will get into the car to drive, look at the battery level/miles left, and it will jump up (ex: 182 when I get into car and within a few seconds, it jumps to 195)

Has anyone else been seeing this? I searched but nothing came up but not sure if I'm just not using the right verbiage here.

For the past few firmware versions, I've noticed the headlights flash briefly every time I "start" the car before the DRLs come on. Not good for the life of HID bulbs. Haven't noticed the "upon exit" flash, but will keep my eyes open.

I have for many years seen the guess-o-meter change sort of like you describe. I will often park, go grab a coffee and when I leave it will be a few miles higher than when I parked. Usually 2 or 3 miles... not the 13 miles you are seeing.