Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd iPhone Music Interruption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BertL

Aug 19, 2015
Carlsbad, CA
For some reason I just noticed this in the past few days -- likely because I've been physically checking my MS for an update every time I pass it, just in case a notification didn't come to my iPhone that 7.1 was available for installation. ;)

Symptom:
I'm playing music on my iPhone with headphones (not related to MS). When I approach my locked MS and it comes to life, my iPhone music STOPs (as I suspect MS connects to my previously paired iPhone). I don't remember this happening with my former Lexus or MBZ, but it's been a while since I had headphones on while detailing them and turned them on to cause iPhone connection. Does anyone know Bluetooth specs on both the MS and iPhone well enough to say if this should happen when connection takes place, or is it a Tesla (or Apple) bug I should formally report?

Scenario:
- iPhone has been previously paired and operates with MS; the Tesla App is running in the background
- MS was playing USB music or FM prior to being turned-off, locked, and going to sleep
- Play music via the Apple iPhone Music App with hardwired headphones
- Walk up to MS, handles present, open door, IC and 17" display boot up, Media Player music plays (USB or FM in my case)
- Music on iPhone stops
- iPhone is properly connected and operational with MS

Specifics:
- MS Firmware 7.0 and 7.1
- Energy Saving ON, Always Connected CHECKED
- iPhone 6, iOS 9.2