Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd m3 issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, it seems a very common issue, even on low mileage vehicles, it supposedly happens when the grease in the ball joint dries up / leaks, but its a 1 piece component so they replace the entire arm. From what I have researched Tesla made a revised part but not much better. Temp fix is to inject more grease into the ball joint and rotate the pin.
The very latest Tesla front upper arms as fitted to new cars should fix it for good and they are <£100 each so not that big a deal even if you have to pay.

• Helpful
Reactions: carnutt
The very latest Tesla front upper arms as fitted to new cars should fix it for good and they are <£100 each so not that big a deal even if you have to pay.
Thank you, Im still waiting on my V5 so cant use the app but would like to order a couple of parts to tidy the car up, is it possible to order items without having the app installed and fully functional?

Part I am looking for is
ROCKER COVER ASSEMBLY - LEFT HAND1089828-00-DOver The Counter

Thank you, Im still waiting on my V5 so cant use the app but would like to order a couple of parts to tidy the car up, is it possible to order items without having the app installed and fully functional?

Part I am looking for is
ROCKER COVER ASSEMBLY - LEFT HAND1089828-00-DOver The Counter

UPDATE: If anyone needs one of these there is an OEM available that comes with all the retaining clips for a reasonable price.

Prasco Group - Left Hand side Part no. TS3001404
Right hand side is Part no. TS3001403

Removal is easy, wheel arches, behind front wheels and in front of rears, 2x plastic poppers in each, unclip them, underneath the plastic assembly there are hatches, open the hatch doors with a flat, 10 socket, once bolts are removed, pull downwards on assembly, from front to back of cover assembly and the clips will pop out from the sills (be careful with the clips).

Hope this helps

Last edited: