Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Octopus Intelligent & Tesla App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.
Hoping for a quick bit of advice from any Octopus Intelligent/Tesla users.

I’ve owned my Model Y for a year. Ever since switching to the Octopus Intelligent tariff a couple of months ago I suddenly stopped receiving all notifications through the Tesla app. Not just those related to charging, everything.
Octopus appears to be controlling the car’s charging & schedules fine so there seems to be no issue there.

Is this an issue everyone else here with Ocopus Intelligent is also experiencing?

I’m just trying to figure out if that is the norm with this tariff or if something has gone wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance
:)

Reactions: Steerpike
I'm now on Intelligent Go and only get the charge started notification. I think it's becuase the Octopus app insists that the charge level set in the car/Tesla app has to be higher than that set in the Octopus app, so the car thinks it's not quite completed the cherge, hence no finish notification.

Upvote 1
Hi.
Hoping for a quick bit of advice from any Octopus Intelligent/Tesla users.

I’ve owned my Model Y for a year. Ever since switching to the Octopus Intelligent tariff a couple of months ago I suddenly stopped receiving all notifications through the Tesla app. Not just those related to charging, everything.
Octopus appears to be controlling the car’s charging & schedules fine so there seems to be no issue there.

Is this an issue everyone else here with Ocopus Intelligent is also experiencing?

I’m just trying to figure out if that is the norm with this tariff or if something has gone wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance
:)
It’s not the norm. You should still receive all notifications.

Has your car had a Tesla service recently? If so it could still be in part service mode where all notifications are suppressed.

Upvote 0
Even though the notifications are set to on in the app, are you running android? One of the later updates seems to default to blocking apps from allowing notifications as default. Press and hold on the app, hit the i, set notifications to allowed.

If your iphone then no clue.

Upvote 0
It’s not the norm. You should still receive all notifications.

Has your car had a Tesla service recently? If so it could still be in part service mode where all notifications are suppressed.
No. No recent Tesla service.
The phone is an IPhone 11. Running latest software version. App is latest version also. Settings within the Tesla app and IPhone both have notifications set to be ON.

It’s very strange. The moment Octopus Intelligent was activated all notifications just went poof & stopped. This doesn’t just apply to the car but also the powerwall also. There was a recent storm & power cut where the powerwall took over but no notification came through.

Tried contacting Tesla support. They said contact Octopus. Octupus support taking a long time to get back. I’ll post in here if a fix is found

Upvote 0
No. No recent Tesla service.
The phone is an IPhone 11. Running latest software version. App is latest version also. Settings within the Tesla app and IPhone both have notifications set to be ON.

It’s very strange. The moment Octopus Intelligent was activated all notifications just went poof & stopped. This doesn’t just apply to the car but also the powerwall also. There was a recent storm & power cut where the powerwall took over but no notification came through.

Tried contacting Tesla support. They said contact Octopus. Octupus support taking a long time to get back. I’ll post in here if a fix is found
Ever since moving to Intelligent Octopus I no longer get change complete notification. I do get the charge started one though.

Reactions: EV_SteveA
Upvote 0
Every single one of these notifications below stopped. I’ve tried toggling them on/off. Logging out & back in to the app. I even deleted the app entirely & re-downloaded it. No luck.
IMG_8752.png

Upvote 0
They are set to the same level.
But there is no issue with charging. Octupus sets schedules, activates & deactivates charges on the vehicle fine.
I’ve just stopped receiving all push notifications via the Tesla app since the smart EV tariff began with Octopus.
Yours is definitely a head-scratcher. My reply was to rincewind who suggested they get all notifications other than charge completed. You have tried every step I would have myself. By any chance do you have a backup phone or a partner who can load the Tesla app and see if notifications come through? If you are getting none of the notifications, including none for your Powewall, that seems a Tesla server issue. But Tesla has helpfully absolved themselves from the issue! Trying the Tesla app on a different phone (or iPad perhaps if no other phone available) might add an additional data point.

Upvote 0