The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.
Code for potential sign looks like it might fall: (Generalizable to anything in the roadway path, I suppose)
If sign looks like it might fall:
* Notify authorities and let them know sign looks flimsy
If sign is falling:
1. slow down, inform passengers to brace for impact
2. Plot likely trajectory for sign falling
3. See if there is a maneuverable path to increase passenger safety
4. Execute best safety path, ie: swerve left, right, brake hard, accelerate, or just take it on the chin.
Execute all the above in 1 millisecond.
Actually, this is something that should be considered. Not just signs, but trees and other large items that could cause accident and injuries. Santa Ana wind in So. Cal. can cause major issues, and sometimes it is important to watch trees and etc. while driving past them to make sure they don't cause damage to the cars.