Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Fixed or aftermarket swivel (M3)? I am all happy Swivel guy :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Fellow Tesla users in NZ....

I finally gave in to temptation and added swivel mount to my list of nearly 60+ accessories by now... this time got it locally instead of shipping from USA/Australia/China.. better price and option.

Fitting took 20 minutes, and I did it so must be easiest thing to do in this world as I am all digital, no physical... screen technically came approx. 2/3 inches forward thanks to mount... no one can say it's not OEM, so nice fitting, so perfect grip, and did I said it Swivel to get blind spot camera display out of blind spot ? lol.

Best part, I can always take it off if I go crazy or don't get the right price when selling the car (cheap)… but why would? it's so very good.

1. Helps with sun glare as now I can move the screen around
  2. Helps with focussing on road when I actually drive, as now I can enter details more comfortably.
  3. Helps when eating at food trucks... who doesn't like to recline the seat and tilt the screen when watching movie? don't get me started usefulness of food tray - lol. new purpose of car - freedom glamping for hour here and there 😂 .
  4. Helps when playing games from different seats... as now screen can Swivel.
Just sharing for others, no affiliation with Tesla (lol), Tesories (Yup, don't know who they are) or all manufacturers in china (they manufacture the world now a days)...

Anyone else went down this path?

Audietron convinced me to take the plunge a while back.
I would not ever think of going back to a fixed screen.
It's so good, I just think of it as part of the car OEM.

Wish I could find a locally sourced progressive indicator taillight set...