Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM Parts for Model 3 Repair on Backorder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7 weeks ago in a huge storm, I started hydroplaning and ended up with significant damage to my right front fender. Had my car taken to a Fetzner Collision in Rochester New York, which is a Tesla Certified shop and therefore only deals in Tesla OEM parts. Parts were ordered on 7/20 (over 3 weeks ago) and as of Friday afternoon , we still have one part - an upper shock tower (structural component) part # 1073792-S0-K that still does not have a delivery date assigned. I spoke with customer service last Tuesday 8/8 and was given an email address [email protected] to ask for help. Customer Service also sent the same people my request. NOTHING HEARD. Anyone have any ideas on how to expedite repair parts from Tesla? Thanks for any help you can provide.

There is no way to escalate or expedite. Tesla is notoriously slow and incompetent at parts delivery to collision centers. Basically, you wait. 3 weeks isn’t even close to a problem - plenty of stories around here of people waiting 3+ months.

Thanks for the note, even with the bad news. Reading through some of the threads, I see a Tesla Owners Club in Australia that has contacts at high levels to champion owner's issues when they go unresolved. Anything like that here in the US?

Also, has there ever been a Twitter/ X conversation between owners and Elon?

Thanks for the note, even with the bad news. Reading through some of the threads, I see a Tesla Owners Club in Australia that has contacts at high levels to champion owner's issues when they go unresolved. Anything like that here in the US?

Also, has there ever been a Twitter/ X conversation between owners and Elon?
IIRC Elon said in a couple of weeks service would be same day. I'm sure because of supply chain issues there will always be exceptions, but generally repairs will be prompt. But it's a big leap going from no service at all to same day service and it might take a little more than two weeks. . . . . . . . .

I ran over a piece of debris on the road and it skipped up and damaged my driver’s side door and passenger door on 4-27-2023. My car has been at a Tesla-certified body shop since the beginning of June waiting for an aluminum door skin for over 3 months already. I am having to rent a car out of pocket since I already exhausted my rental car coverage. I have tried contacting Tesla via email, since there is no number to call, and they never respond. I am frustrated beyond words. How can it take so long to receive a stamped part that the factory produces every single day?

IIRC Elon said in a couple of weeks service would be same day. I'm sure because of supply chain issues there will always be exceptions, but generally repairs will be prompt. But it's a big leap going from no service at all to same day service and it might take a little more than two weeks. . . . . . . . .
Thanks for an encouraging word, while skeptical, it is nice to hear something positive.

I ran over a piece of debris on the road and it skipped up and damaged my driver’s side door and passenger door on 4-27-2023. My car has been at a Tesla-certified body shop since the beginning of June waiting for an aluminum door skin for over 3 months already. I am having to rent a car out of pocket since I already exhausted my rental car coverage. I have tried contacting Tesla via email, since there is no number to call, and they never respond. I am frustrated beyond words. How can it take so long to receive a stamped part that the factory produces every single day?
I share your frustration obviously. As noted in my first post, on Aug 8, I called Tesla Customer Service at 1-888-518-3752 and, talked to Kimberly. She sent the case (with VIN as identifier) to the Body Shop Team [email protected]. Also gave me the email address and suggested I send email. Did last Tue, Aug 8. Nothing heard as of today 8/20. If nothing else it will put another input to the system. Good luck....

I was in an accident with my 2022 MYP in late June.
Three months later, the repair show is still waiting for parts with no response or timeline from Tesla.
Any suggestions?

More info:

I had originally made an appointment with the Tesla Collision Center in Denver, but they canceled it when I said I'd have to have my car towed there.
They said they were only able to take vehicles that were legally driveable. (??)

I found a Tesla-certified shop with availability and had the car towed there in late June.
It's now mid-September and we're still waiting for the parts they need to complete the repairs.

This part has been on never-ending backorder and is keeping them from doing any of the other repairs:
ASSEMBLY - SHOTGUN OUTER - LEFT HAND 1487483-S0-D (link).

Between loan and insurance, I'm paying $1000/month for a vehicle I haven't driven in nearly three months and don't know when I'll see again.

Any idea who I can reach out to at Tesla?
Are there other sources for the required part(s)?
Any other ideas or suggestions??