Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Off menu" waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement is a Contract. This is an exchange of promises. Telsa promised to sell me (and others) a LR RWD with white interior, I promised to pay ~ $55k and provided a $3,500 deposit (which forms the "consideration" aspect of the Contract).

Telsa can honor their side of the Contract by ... a) providing the vehicle specified ... b) selling me another long range model with a white interior that is acceptable to me or meets the MVPA specification including the CONTRACT sales price .... or c) wait for a future date and issue a credit for the lost tax deduction caused by their broken promise.

Not sure why you take offense to this? Like the P3D issue, Tesla banks on lots of under-educated people just bending over. It is exactly the same as buying a new house, signing a contract, paying a deposit and then being told you need to pay more for your new house. In this case almost 10% more ... for a vehicle that is going to have 10% less range than what I want.

Even at a full price match where Tesla is selling me AWD for the price of RWD, this represents an inferior vehicle for me. It is a car that weighs more and has less range. How is that a "gift" ??

Every person with a MVPA for a LR RWD with a White interior should ask for whatever remedy they want for the broken Contract. It is utter ignorance to believe that Telsa can put a White interior in a crippled midrange battery pack but not the LR battery pack. Both are RWD only.
I think you got the order agreement mixed up with the MVPA. You shouldn’t get an MVPA until after you’re assigned a VIN as the VIN is part of the MVPA. Based of the fact they are not making LR RWD with white interiors (yet), there should be no MVPAs for those vehicles. I just got my MVPA and the text link on my order page changed from “Order Agreement” (I think that’s what it said) to “Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement”.

At Tesla's insistence, I've updated my LR RWD config from white interior to black interior. My order was originally placed Oct 15, and updated to black interior on Dec 3rd. Now we will see if they actually build & deliver my car, or if they try to inventory match me. Hoping for a ~140xxx+ Vin.

Not sure this logic holds meaning that a car produced a month ago is better or worse than a car produced from today. So long As it hasn’t been rejected. I did the same as you with similar time frames. My vin is 109. I called and they told me 1) hasn’t been refused or rejected and 2) was built in November. It is already at a location but since it hadn’t been matched to an existing order they could move it to me (in Chicago moving to ny).

But then again what do I know....

Best of luck.

From what I can tell, the "matched" cars are previously rejected cars. Those will have ~20 to 30 miles on the odometer where fresh form the factory cars are in the single digits. At least that was the case when my OA was sending over options when we went back to a black interior.

Interesting. I didn’t even look to see what the odometer reading was. Now that I look it was 50 miles. May have to reconfirm what was told to me.

Edit: just read that 50 miles is default what paperwork says but in reality cars seem to have much less typically single digits. Doesn’t seem a reliable measure.

From what I can tell, the "matched" cars are previously rejected cars. Those will have ~20 to 30 miles on the odometer where fresh form the factory cars are in the single digits. At least that was the case when my OA was sending over options when we went back to a black interior.

...this would be really disappointing on top of everything...

I hope you get your car soon. Picked up mine today and there was one panel gap wider than I cared for, but I still accepted the car. I guess it was the fear of missing the full tax credit.
That's pretty much how I feel, I'm getting my LR RWD delivered day after tomorrow and wondering if there is any case where I shouldn't take delivery... short of car has a big hole in it or won't turn on. I'm pretty sure I have one of the last LR RWD MSM based on VIN and doubt they'll find another one or start building LR RWD anytime soon.

My white ordered 11/27. Supposed to have it end of year. Don't have VIN yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 7.35.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 7.35.52 PM.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 61
My white ordered 11/27. Supposed to have it end of year. Don't have VIN yet.
I’m getting my car delivered this Friday and my Overview screen still looks like that! Lol!

When you get a VIN you will see it in the “Order Summary” section under your order number. But chances are, you will get a notification (text/email/phone) of a scheduled delivery date before you get your VIN.

I'm torn right now whether to get the LR RWD instead of my MR .. found 2 matching cars .. both cost $5k more than my MR ... both have 19" wheels that i don't know how better they are over the 18" .. and color is diff (white and blue), but interior is black while my MR order is for white interior ...

Are you able to share your MVPA or screenshot with this adjustment?

I also agree, my wife and I really wanted the longer range of the LR RWD, but she was also really insistent on the white interior. If they're able to offer this, then I can probably get her to proceed...
For some of the other posts, I actually ordered a LR RWD and after white interiors were opened up to all configs, I asked if it could be added before seeking to add it. This whole ridiculous notion of 'off the menu' options is just dumb if they don't really want to support it.

It took 2 extra days from the expected date when my build details got updated to AWD from RWD, but now it is there. See below screen shot. It still doesn't show my off-the-menu Full Self Driving option, but the OA said they successfully added it, and for the $3K promotion price. Now I'm just hoping they deliver it before year end, as they told me they would.

Order_Details.png

Just got an email from my Inside Delivery Advisor, Matt:

"Congratulations! Your new Tesla has been built and is ready to be delivered."

He wanted pictures of my trade-in and photocopy of the title for that car. Done. Just 6 calendar days after making changes to correct "unbuildable" configuration due to off-menu choices (LR RWD with White interior, corrected to same with AWD instead).