Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off road and winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have bought a Model X75D and I live in Oregon. I do a lot of off-road driving in the mountains. There is a lot of ice and snow. The alternative for me was a Jeep Cherokee Rubicon, but I did not want to wait for the new Jeep in December, so I got this Model X.

I wonder if anyone has put larger off road tires on the Model X, and perhaps a lift to make the car more off road capable.

Harold

I would never take my x100d where my Wrangler rubicon goes. Maybe fire roads or easy desert trails, any rocks would eat front bumper alive. Many install all season winter tires, heard x does great in snow. When not on pavement you can raise suspension to high for a little more clearance.

I would never take my x100d where my Wrangler rubicon goes. Maybe fire roads or easy desert trails, any rocks would eat front bumper alive. Many install all season winter tires, heard x does great in snow. When not on pavement you can raise suspension to high for a little more clearance.

Since you have both, I would love to hear more about why you own both, and how, where, and why you use them. What about a lift for the Model X?

Since you have both, I would love to hear more about why you own both, and how, where, and why you use them. What about a lift for the Model X?
The Wrangler was bought to flat tow behind our motorhome. We use it when we go camping for trail riding, mild rock crawling
The model x was a replacement for my wife's Lexus rx450h. I would not take a 100,000 vehicle off road. I think lifting it would be a mistake. I'm sure fine for fire roads and camping. If you do serious off road, buy an older rubicon to beat up, lift,
Put big tires on. The x is my wife's daily driver. Intend to keep Jeep 20 years(bought lifetime warentee). My car will be a 3
(I have a huge solar system on my roof)

I have bought a Model X75D and I live in Oregon. I do a lot of off-road driving in the mountains. There is a lot of ice and snow. The alternative for me was a Jeep Cherokee Rubicon, but I did not want to wait for the new Jeep in December, so I got this Model X.

I wonder if anyone has put larger off road tires on the Model X, and perhaps a lift to make the car more off road capable.

Harold
Curious if you were able to find a suitable off road tire option for your MX? I'm looking for some currently. Tire shops are working on a solution buts it's been elusive.

Eventually model X's will be modified for real off road use once they have depreciated enough in value. I have a 1994 landcruiser that was 50-60k new, not many people rolled them off the lot and started rock crawling but now they do. Mine has 3" life with 35" good all terrain tires, we park the X when it snows and drive the cruiser. It's also my 7 seater i