Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off roading in Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my MS for about 3,000 miles so still getting used to it. I came from a Ford Fusion Hybrid with built in NAV (Microsoft MyFordTouch) which was a solid car with complete crap for Nav. So I am used to Waze telling me to take a road built in the past 2 years that the Ford nav knows nothing about. Today I got the opposite from my Tesla. It wanted to send me through the woods on a road that doesn't exist yet. How exciting would this be Nav was actually attached to EAP/FSD?

IMG_2522.jpg

Not sure about the Nav, but I have taken my X off roading several times, and it is spectacular.

Fantastic traction in soft dirt and sand. Goes uphill and down with little drama. Not a rock crawler, but comfortably moves you across uneven terrain in a sure footed manner.

I raised up the suspension to high and it worked much better than my previous Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The throttle control is super precise. Lots of torque, solid body structure.

Better than you might expect.

In the other thread, someone said that their current location icon is fixed to the service center they just picked the car up from. I joked that it was just the advanced software update that's telling them to bring the car in for service.

Again in this case, the nav is so advanced that it's found a "shortcut" and is literally paving the road towards autonomy. Bring on the FSD, I say! Where it's going, it doesn't need roads, just Elon's imaginary bridges :p