Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the curse of Tesla is real. Mine just got broken into this morning after 4 months of ownership.

Gated and security patrolled underground parking. Only car with a smashed window. Thief knows enough to take the usb deive containing sentry mode footage. Only case in 2 years.

In cases were the alarm is triggered, which I assume it was, is the footage not uploaded to the tesla server? When sentry mode came out the USB thing was not an option was it? It must record it somewhere other than the USB

Thief knows enough to take the usb deive containing sentry mode footage. Only case in 2 years.

Sherlock says, "Obviously, the USB must have contained video evidence implicating a larger crime." Or maybe not.;) Seriously, sorry for your misfortune.

Seems like it is time to install the dummy USB drive and hide the real one.

In cases were the alarm is triggered, which I assume it was, is the footage not uploaded to the tesla server? When sentry mode came out the USB thing was not an option was it? It must record it somewhere other than the USB

"Keep Summer Safe, enable active defenses!":)

Edit: It might be nice to move a USB plug to the glove box.

Last edited:
The illogical thing about all this is that there's a Jaguar F-Type parked about 10 meters away. That car wasn't touched at all.

I can't figure out the logic of these thieves.

Guess I am about to experience service Hell.

Sounds as if it was motivated by sentry mode itself. Like someone knew they had been recorded and wanted to go after the evidence.

• Helpful
Reactions: saniflash
The illogical thing about all this is that there's a Jaguar F-Type parked about 10 meters away. That car wasn't touched at all.

I can't figure out the logic of these thieves.

Guess I am about to experience service Hell.

I'm sorry this happened to you. :(

This is why when I get my Tesla, I'll either wire in a hidden USP port to the existing ones, or I'll get a false backed USB to fit over the existing ones. Likely with a false USB stick to deter searching. I mean, criminals are dumb, but at least some of them watch the news and see the "Tesla Sentry mode captures criminal in action!" articles.

I'm sorry this happened to you. :(

This is why when I get my Tesla, I'll either wire in a hidden USP port to the existing ones, or I'll get a false backed USB to fit over the existing ones. Likely with a false USB stick to deter searching. I mean, criminals are dumb, but at least some of them watch the news and see the "Tesla Sentry mode captures criminal in action!" articles.

I think a tesla option for different size internal usb storage will be great. Like how you can choose a large internal storage for phone at a higher cost. Retrofittable of course. I'd buy this in a heart beat.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I think a tesla option for different size internal usb storage will be great. Like how you can choose a large internal storage for phone at a higher cost. Retrofittable of course. I'd buy this in a heart beat.

I think a difficulty with built in storage would be that it couldn't necessarily be removed to connect to your laptop, where you'd want to get the files to email/keep/upload to youtube, etc. If you left it built in and used the internal internet, that's theoretically a lot of extra data to be used. Or, alternatively, you'd have to wait until you had WIFI to get the files.

I like the current model of having a removable USB, but I dislike the fact that everyone knows where that USB is.