Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got The Button this morning. The key thing for this question is "we". I'm much more the beta tester personality than my wife is. If I push The Button and get through the queue to get the FSD beta, is it one of those features that is profile specific? I'd like to turn it on, but I don't want to foist it on my wife if she'd rather not. Anyone know yet?
You don't have to engage fsd beta while driving. Just like AP - you can drive either with AP on or off at anytime.

Reactions: T-Racer
FYI you need to park your car in wifi range for driving score to upload and show up in app.

BTW I got a score of 19 on the first drive because of two ghost collision warnings on autopilot. Complete BS, no cars in front of me and went off twice during the drive…
2A62476B-F6FC-45DF-8366-46DEF48CCA0B.jpeg

FYI you need to park your car in wifi range for driving score to upload and show up in app.

BTW I got a score of 19 on the first drive because of two ghost collision warnings on autopilot. Complete BS, no cars in front of me and went off twice during the drive…View attachment 714166

Hmmm ...

I had a Forward Collision Warning while Autopilot was engaged. Will my Safety Score be impacted?
No. The Safety Score formula ignores any events (not just Forward Collision Warnings) that occur while Autopilot is engaged and appropriately utilized. This does not include Forced Autopilot Disengagement.

Reactions: K5TRX

BTW I got a score of 19 on the first drive because of two ghost collision warnings on autopilot. Complete BS, no cars in front of me and went off twice during the drive…View attachment 714166
Then turn off AP and drive manually to prevent those issues. No, you don't need to be on wifi after a drive.

Reactions: T-Racer and Mad4sax

This wasn’t the case for me. I drove from home to somewhere else. About three minutes later it showed up in the app.

X-Post
My experience this morning....

1. Downloaded and installed 2021.32.22 (Yes, I pressed the button and more to enroll) - No issues
2. Updated iphone app to 4.1 - No issues
3. Logged out of and back into app - No Issues
4. Went or a drive. Engaged AP and later Autosteer. Had to "break the lock" a couple of times as AP/AS screwed up or was doing unsafe driving (yeah, really) - No issues
5. Returned home and parked car - No Issues
6. Went into app looking for driving score (waited five minutes, first) - Big issues; no data, no score (See #2 and #3 above, so not that).

Am I surprised? No. I suspect YOKE cars will be last to get the beta software, many revisions down the road.
Update: All good now. Took a while for the insurance calculator to tell the app what it's results were....

Safety Score.jpg

Hmmm ...

Autopilot is engaged and appropriately utilized.

According to the manual there are many ways of utilizing Autopilot inappropriately.

If you live in a hilly neighborhood I think the safety score is discriminatory. 😂. I got a bad hard breaking score driving just leaving my neighborhood. The hills are steep enough that one pedal will not stop the car. I guess I’ll have to drive more miles to offset that.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. To make matters worse it's like a Tour de France out here every weekend with all the spandex cyclers. Got a FCW because one was on the side of the road.

Does anyone know if disabling FCW entirely fixes the score?

• Funny
If you live in a hilly neighborhood I think the safety score is discriminatory. 😂. I got a bad hard breaking score driving just leaving my neighborhood. The hills are steep enough that one pedal will not stop the car. I guess I’ll have to drive more miles to offset that.
It sounds like you need to just drive around alternating between acceleration and regen. It's the ratio of hard braking to normal (0.1G-0.3G) braking.

Reactions: T-Racer and K5TRX