Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jamie, on some of the pics the lugnuts seem to extend very far out, while others appear to be more flush. What's driving that, and how do I get closer to the a flush look with the lugnuts on the SV104s? I'm planning on covering them with gloss black caps, but I'm coming from 20+ years of Audi ownership where lug bolts are used and they are flush within the bolt opening, a look I vastly prefer.

Jamie, on some of the pics the lugnuts seem to extend very far out, while others appear to be more flush. What's driving that, and how do I get closer to the a flush look with the lugnuts on the SV104s? I'm planning on covering them with gloss black caps, but I'm coming from 20+ years of Audi ownership where lug bolts are used and they are flush within the bolt opening, a look I vastly prefer.

it will vary on the offset & hub design. SV104 come with concave center while other you see offers drop cup center design.

Both lug nut below are 40mm in length.

Top: SV503 Drop cup center
Bottom: SV104 Concave center
6DF2AF72-DED3-4ED0-BDBC-EE7F4CD437B0.jpeg

SV104 are design this way for lightest weight possible + deep concave.

Below is the SV104 with stock 25mm length lug nut

7FF79E97-54C9-4B72-9D6E-8546FA214038.jpeg

If anyone wants some nice titanium caps for there signature wheels, I'm selling them here. Also their ti lugs

Chasing Greatness: The Quest for a World Record.
-
Here's is another exmaples of what set Signature Wheel aparts from other wheel companies. Mark reach out to us for the lightest setup that he can run with 18" all around. Thanks to our extremely large 18" barrel clearnace, we are able to fit them under the massive OE brake rotor with minimal modifications.
#teamsignature
-
Monoblock SV104
18x9 Square
Hoosier D06s 28x10x18
45LB each (30% weight reduction over stock 21")
-​
334929104_963669044810935_4912033321437495072_n.jpg
332762062_619454546670142_8732274555210821792_n.jpg
333112530_2135668206634806_9171743750652315236_n.jpg
332872155_753349396174832_5980730481975619819_n.jpg
332699918_587999079908623_477359960264603928_n.jpg

Last edited:
@SignatureSales - hi Jamie. I had a question I hope you can answer.

I know you guys for some reason do not give out wheel load ratings, but I have to choose whether I take my Martian Wheels to the track or my SV104 set. The Martians are rated at 1000kg for track duty on the S.

All I want to know is if the sv104 set is above or below 900kg load rated!
All of our wheels including your SV104 are design be safe to use around the track

DCCBAAC2-1D6A-4155-BC59-9BF4CFE25B5F.jpeg

D2C94BFA-BA72-4393-B6A9-29F44782C1F3.jpeg

Reactions: UltradoomY
I figured that’s what you would say! Thank you but I don’t think that’s the assurance I’m looking for.

It’s ok! I like the wheels I got from you. I’ll just use them on the street and use my Martians for track duty.
If you didn’t know all cnc forged wheels that are custom offset and width do not publish a load rating. Go check with HRE, ANRKY, MV Forged, AL13, etc . They all test to FEA standards.

You also know that Martian wheel have lied about their wheel info right? Also they have lied to their customers and also sent wheels not fitting. There’s a large thread with info showing this on here and other groups but good luck “trusting” what they posted on their site versus an actual company like the ford performance racing school tearing up the track with their wheels. Even @MountainPass switched to Signature wheels for their track cars.

F34D1F29-CC21-4679-8449-83785A9D5D71.jpeg

I guess the proof is not in the pudding itself but only on the label 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: kopo and lbowroom
If you didn’t know all cnc forged wheels that are custom offset and width do not publish a load rating. Go check with HRE, ANRKY, MV Forged, AL13, etc . They all test to FEA standards.

You also know that Martian wheel have lied about their wheel info right? Also they have lied to their customers and also sent wheels not fitting. There’s a large thread with info showing this on here and other groups but good luck “trusting” what they posted on their site versus an actual company like the ford performance racing school tearing up the track with their wheels. Even @MountainPass switched to Signature wheels for their track cars.

View attachment 918359

I guess the proof is not in the pudding itself but only on the label 🙄

I’m not looking to start a parallel argument on the merits of the question, neither am I looking for a comparison of the industry, but thank you for providing one :)

I’m also not insistent on signature telling me or not, but it would be helpful to know so the tire load rating can also be properly sized.

And I’m certainly not looking for an indictment of Martian. I have both signature and Martian and I like them both, just that one has a rating etched on the barrel and one doesn’t!

Last edited:
Well, I wonder how the “it’s safe for track” response doesn’t pin liability the same way a rating does :)
A lot of wiggle room in safe for the track. They didn't say they were safe at XXX mph on the track. They could have meant just driving (i.e. not racing at high speeds) around the track. Though the first picture infers a lot...

Given how heavy the S is, it is definitely going to put some stress on the wheels. Realistically though the tires will to some extent limit the lateral force on the wheels as ultimately they will break away and lose traction. OTOH if they slip a lot and hit a curb so to speak, that could be all it takes.

Anyway I didn't buy my S to track so for me it is a mostly academic point. The S is one of those "numbers" cars where if you look at the spec sheet it sure is impressive but the fun to drive factor isn't in the same area unless you just focus on straightline acceleration. At least in a stock configuration.

A lot of wiggle room in safe for the track. They didn't say they were safe at XXX mph on the track. They could have meant just driving (i.e. not racing at high speeds) around the track. Though the first picture infers a lot...

Given how heavy the S is, it is definitely going to put some stress on the wheels. Realistically though the tires will to some extent limit the lateral force on the wheels as ultimately they will break away and lose traction. OTOH if they slip a lot and hit a curb so to speak, that could be all it takes.

Anyway I didn't buy my S to track so for me it is a mostly academic point. The S is one of those "numbers" cars where if you look at the spec sheet it sure is impressive but the fun to drive factor isn't in the same area unless you just focus on straightline acceleration. At least in a stock configuration.
How about 170mph into a wall and not bent or cracked?

Still can’t believe people drinking Martian juice when they can’t even get offset right 🙄. They only make wheels for 1 car company smh. Skip to 7:40. Plaid studs does not have enough engagement for spacers which is 8 full turns on a M14 stud.

Anyways going back on topic. As I mentioned before shopping for wheels load rating is not provided for custom wheels that are cnc’d. This is not new news and everyone is free to go ask all the big companies on this.

I agree with you on the stock config part. In stock it’s definitely not anywhere close to ready for any hard driving.

I did replace my suspension links and brakes with all MPP parts, replaced brake lines and fluid too. Car handles so much better than it did stock.

I found myself driving “spiritedly” on the street frequently and thought - maybe I should take this to the rack so I do all my spirited driving there and not here :)

Reactions: SignatureSales
How about 170mph into a wall and not bent or cracked?

Still can’t believe people drinking Martian juice when they can’t even get offset right 🙄. They only make wheels for 1 car company smh. Skip to 7:40. Plaid studs does not have enough engagement for spacers which is 8 full turns on a M14 stud.

Anyways going back on topic. As I mentioned before shopping for wheels load rating is not provided for custom wheels that are cnc’d. This is not new news and everyone is free to go ask all the big companies on this.
Before I ask, lemme ask - you connected in any financial way to Signature? :)

None of us are here because we’re trolling! Well, maybe some :)

• Funny
Reactions: TwoK4drSi