Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official - Tesla model Y boot cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A family member has recently taken a delivery of a model Y which has been supplied as standard with the boot cover.

Curious of the after market cost we contacted Tesla and have been quoted £137 for supply and fitting. The fitting apparantly requires additional clips to be installed.

We are going to go for it (although a bit steep in cost for a three panel stiff folding cover.

Wondered if anyone else had got this done or considered it?

Reactions: Chickenlips
I received my estimate yesterday and noticed it was missing the C Pillar trim panels needed, after querying with the service team I have had a new quote come through with them added. It now stands at £248. A little harder to justify at that price.

Reactions: dboyo
I've queried this with tesla service and they have come back and said 'that's the price, i'm being charged for parts only'... £360 inc VAT.
What is on your invoice? I have
BOLT,HF,M10-1.5X30,[109],ZN,MAT (1117931-00-A)
ACC, C PILLAR UPPER TRIM ASY, RIGHT HAND (1728455-00-A)
ACC, C PILLAR UPPER TRIM ASY, LEFT HAND (1728453-00-A)
END ITEM, PARCEL SHELF (1641293-00-D)

And that is quoted as £247.21

I have the same parts with values next to them (around £150) with £0.00 as parts total - Also a line saying 'no labour performed' and then a total of £300+ VAT..

doesn't really make sense as they have said in the message I am not being charged labour - but the parts don't add up to the total...