Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Tesla Registry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggested to Zak at Tesla Motors starting the subject ....but for several good reasons they declined. Typically Auto Registries are maintained by an enthusiast , car forum owner , car club etc..
I have always registered my limited production cars and collectibles on official registries . The advantages to the owner community are considerable especially if the production worldwide is limited..The registries track following
Owner, Location
Vin #
Build Date
Options
Color
2nd owner
Has anyone started a registry..planning to?
Now would be the right time as the owner population is still rather small...
An Example:http://webpages.charter.net/parkhill/R8/R8_VIN_List.htm

Last edited:
I suggested to Zak at Tesla Motors starting the subject ....but for several good reasons they declined. Typically Auto Registries are maintained by an enthusiast , car forum owner , car club etc..
I have always registered my limited production cars and collectibles on official registries . The advantages to the owner community are considerable especially if the production worldwide is limited..The registries track following
Owner, Location
Vin #
Build Date
Options
Color
2nd owner
Has anyone started a registry..planning to?
Now would be the right time as the owner population is still rather small...
An Example:http://webpages.charter.net/parkhill/R8/R8_VIN_List.htm

It is a great idea. I think it's wise to keep it out of Tesla's (Inc. Corp. LLC?) ownership and control. It's a great way to locate parts, people, etc. But this would cost money, time, skills which I doubt many of us have to volunteer.

I was told that the map was pulled down.

The map is still there. It started out as a voluntary sign-up item, then at some point Tesla Motors provided a zip code list of all owners at that time. It was said that one of the zip code map pins happened to be located almost exactly at a buyers property location. They thought the entire address information was provided and complained to Tesla. This resulted in the Tesla provided zip codes being removed from the map and reverting back to voluntary entries only.

The current map shows 110 US owners and 6 Europe owners.

Unofficial Tesla Owners Map

Cathy and I (mostly Cathy) do maintain an unofficial Tesla owner map. The story about Tesla giving us the list of zip codes and one zip code pin randomly landing on someone's house is correct. So, the map is totally voluntary.

We don't collect enough information to really be interesting as a registry, it's just a way for owners to see what other owners are nearby. We could easily evolve it if there's interest in the owner community, but it would probably be just as easy for someone else to start something completely new.

There is info about the map and how to submit information on the owners forum, look for the "Map of Tesla Roadster Owner Locations" thread in the "All Regions" topic.

At some point such a list may have some value as a way for owners to offer to let others charge up their Roadster while they are on an extended road trip.
I bet the number of owners willing or interested in doing such a thing could be small, but for those few it could be a good thing.