Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ok, what should I do about this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
98969132-D72F-4979-BAE0-F39EA72A3EBF.jpeg

Shake your head and walk away.

I can't see the signs -- some SCs allow 30 minute parking for any vehicles in some slots. I don't think that's the case here.

I guess you could back into the stall behind the trailer to block them in if you want to be particularly confrontational and don't mind the likely damage from a $500 trailer backing into your $100k car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kuhz
Varying flippant solutions next - Doesn't hurt if you are 6' 3" and have self protection as we have already established they are a jerk.

1. Unhook the trailer (if not locked) and roll it into the field behind. Hey he has a truck and can go fetch it later.

2. Now, if you have a model X with tow hitch and strap - pull the raptor out of the way ;)

3. If a mall, call mall security to harass him for improper use of parking spaces

4. buy some chalk
10-Asshole-Parking-Job.jpg

Somehow a large banner sticker "My next car is Tesla" or "I am dreaming of driving a Tesla instead" attached to the side of the Raptor comes to mind... :p

Seriously though, I would avoid any confrontation. Smarter people need to lead by example.

Reactions: dhrivnak
If the problem is causing a backup, I would call Tesla immediately and let them contact authorities.

One thought is to quickly and discreetly photograph the vehicle license plate, the VIN number and the infraction photo and email it to Tesla with time and location for their analysis and possible corrective action. In some locations, this has included repainting the pavement in color.

IMHO, Tesla should mail this driver a bill for idle fees at $24 an hour x 4 spots = $96 an hour. Tesla's lawyers should handle the matter as their infrastructure profitability is being compromised, especially with Model 3 drivers paying the bill for Supercharging.

Great idea! I really hope Tesla can do this.
In most places they can't. It is up to the owner of the parking lot to enforce parking restrictions. Some with an ICEing problem use cones. I've seen that at Glenwood Springs CO and The Dalles OR, both hotels.

That truck with trailer blocking the Superchargers could be deliberate. Like having someone "rolling coal" in front of an EV or Prius. However, I had a driver of a large motorhome, who had parked overnight in front of some of the Superchargers at Twin Falls ID, tell me that he did so because he never saw anyone using them.

Shake your head and walk away.

I can't see the signs -- some SCs allow 30 minute parking for any vehicles in some slots. I don't think that's the case here.

I guess you could back into the stall behind the trailer to block them in if you want to be particularly confrontational and don't mind the likely damage from a $500 trailer backing into your $100k car.
There's a white 30 min dot on those, these don't have that

Reactions: BerTX
This idiot is just being an a hole. There is no way he/she missed all those signs and charger cabinets. I am a member of another forum for Ford Excursions (have one) and from time to time members post pics of themselves parked in Tesla or other EV charger stalls. Along with captions such as “I can plug in too!” and a following picture of the block heater plug.

Just walk away, the driver is probably hoping for attention/confrontation anyways.