Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okay, I think down the road I’m getting one. Here’s why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered one. I am not a pickup guy by any means and I think Rivian truck does not look super good. I mostly ordered the cybertruck not primarily for the design (even though I like that it is _different than anything else_ ) but for the specs and price. Also it looks like it is going to be an extremely robust, minimal maintenance vehicle

Reactions: mspohr
Here's another feather in the cap: Tesla’s Cybertruck will have a solar charging option, says Musk – TechCrunch Depending on the pricing, this could further the argument towards a purchase for me. There's no way this beast would fit in my garage and if I park it outside in the sun and can get a bit of charge in the process, even better.

As we get closer to the actual release date I think the combination of features like this along with some added polygons will make the truck a lot more compelling.

Plus the design has to evolve to pass regulations or regulations will have to change to allow for it.

No. Most people complains that the Rivian is too blocky and the vertical headlights look like something from the 50s. But the biggest problem with the Rivian is the bed is too short.

I'll probably end up getting the Rivian, but it's problem is it's neither good looking or mean looking.

It's just sorta Meh.

Where the Cybertruck is absolutely the ugliest car I've ever seen. I can see it growing on a person like the worlds ugliest dog. One of the problem with truck is it's trying to be too many things. It wants to be a truck, but it also wants to be an SUV.