Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old Tesla Model S Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was not having any luck searching for this information over the past few days. Does anyone know exactly how the outage signal from the headlight assemblies works? My turn signal is working, but the dash doesn't reflect it and I am interested to know what this outage signal is supposed to be doing that it is not doing. I had to pull my headlight off the car and cook it in my oven to remove some moisture, so I am sure there is corrosion on the control PCB inside it. I was mainly buying some time and slowing down an inevitable complete failure of the assembly.

There's many generations of headlights you should prob give a model year to reflect what "old" is.
There are at least 3 different generations of interfaces for Model S headlights that I am aware of. Two of those use a 14 pin connector and have the outage pin. The other uses only a 3 pin connector and is completely LIN controlled. The outage pin exists for more than one model year and more than one interface version. Anyone with useful information would likely know this and not need to know what year my vehicle was made. I hope that clears up the missing bit of information that I did not see relevant to the question I am seeking information for.