Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oldham Road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
We’re whizzing off to a barn in the middle of nowhere near Oldham for a well deserved and long awaited mini break.
Car says I’ll arrive with about 29% though it did the sums while not fully charged so say 35%. It’s 170 miles from home.
there is 7Kw charger there so I could do it without an SC.
just for the hell of it, I thought I might try Grantham or Rotherham.
any thoughts anyone or anything to be aware of?

We’re whizzing off to a barn in the middle of nowhere near Oldham for a well deserved and long awaited mini break.
Car says I’ll arrive with about 29% though it did the sums while not fully charged so say 35%. It’s 170 miles from home.
there is 7Kw charger there so I could do it without an SC.
just for the hell of it, I thought I might try Grantham or Rotherham.
any thoughts anyone or anything to be aware of?
Don’t go near Limeside if you value your wheels….

Review of the trip

Firstly, thanks guys for the info.
the place we stayed at was great albeit up what seemed like a 1:3 track, but then everywhere round Uppermill was the same going up or down! The barn was situated in the middle of a hill and had stairs. Coming from a bungalow in flattest Norfolk proved a culture shock!.

Car did great. NoA & FSD a lot of the way. Not a single overtake ignored or bottled out of. Arrived completely fresh after what was for us the longest journey in a couple of years. No phantom braking or panics.
stopped at Tankersly Manor for a 15 minute supercharge and chatted with a guy in a 21 plate MSM 3. Saw 14 other M3’s during the trip. Waved most times but got nothing back (that I know of).

trip was 375 miles, 82kWh and 220 Wh/mile

one downside that has us bricking it was that I left my wallet with keycard at home and wife’s keycard wasn’t in her purse! It did ask for the key card a couple of times but swapping phones got round it.

overall a pleasing experience.

Oh, and walking round reservoirs was flat :rolleyes: