Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On 2019.28.2.5 since Aug 8; update overdue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do a hard reset -- foot on brake, press both scroll wheels. Then go to Software on the UI and let it re-check for the update.

My 3 was stuck and found the update immediately after I did that.

Do a hard reset -- foot on brake, press both scroll wheels. Then go to Software on the UI and let it re-check for the update.

My 3 was stuck and found the update immediately after I did that.
It checks for an update just by opening the Settings::Software page? The only action I can take on the page is to set Standard or Advanced releases; I have it on Standard.

Anyway, I did the hard reset, with no immediate result.

It checks for an update just by opening the Settings::Software page? The only action I can take on the page is to set Standard or Advanced releases; I have it on Standard.

Anyway, I did the hard reset, with no immediate result.
Yes, when you go to that page the text should temporarily change to "Checking for software updates". It does it automatically. If you did this, then that's the extent of the help I can offer. Sorry.

I’m still on 2019.28.2.5 also. Last week mobile service came out to replace the passenger door handle and had to download new firmware in order to have the door handle operate. The download was still 2019.28.2.5. I commented about this so the tech had another download sent to the car. Again, it was 2019.28.2.5.

The tech looked into it and was told that (as of last week) this is the most current version for my car.

Back in July I was told my car was selected (without asking me) to be s part of a special BMS firmware test and that the firmware on my car is unique. Personally, I think that is BS, but I’ve been told this 3 times now. Maybe that it is the reason we are not getting ver. 10.

Tesla Engineering has chosen a group of cars to study battery performance and that those cars have a "special" version 9 firmware to allow closer monitoring of the car.

After 2019.16 started downgrading cars and Tesla was telling owners they are part of a "test group" and can't(won't) undo the downgraded capacity & horsepower.
Anyone in that group should check range and see if it plummets - and again after they allow you to update again.

Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software for info about the batterygate downgrades