Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting V10? This may be why, Tesla selecting cars for battery study

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have multiple cars and the 2014 is the one not getting V10. When I asked service what's up I was advised that Tesla Engineering has chosen a group of cars to study battery performance and that those cars have a "special" version 9 firmware to allow closer monitoring of the car. No word on how long this will be.

Not sure if this is good or bad.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX and Tam
So I have multiple cars and the 2014 is the one not getting V10. When I asked service what's up I was advised that Tesla Engineering has chosen a group of cars to study battery performance and that those cars have a "special" version 9 firmware to allow closer monitoring of the car. No word on how long this will be.

Not sure if this is good or bad.

Is it a special version number, or are they just selecting various firmwares? I’m still on 2019.28.2.5. I’ve wanted to upgrade as I wanted Spotify. But at the same time my supercharging is close to useless now as it takes almost 2x as long to recharge since 2019.16. No sign of v10 yet.

What will be the outcome of this study? I hope it means they plan on giving me the faster charging back?

Hmmm, I also have a late 2014 P85 (used) that have been kinda slow on the super charging since the update (now that you mention it). And I am also stuck on 2019.28.2.5.... :/

This makes me more worried about my battery than anything.

I was given basically the same story back in July or August when I had Tesla test my battery in my 2013 P85 for the third time. I was told I’m part of a test group and that a special BMS firmware was installed (which is separate from the car’s firmware). My car had been on ver 8 and was forcefully updated without my knowledge or consent beforehand on either June 20 or 21, 2019. I’m still on 2019.28.2.5, suffering from both reduced battery capacity and reduced charging speed.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
I was given basically the same story back in July or August when I had Tesla test my battery in my 2013 P85 for the third time. I was told I’m part of a test group and that a special BMS firmware was installed (which is separate from the car’s firmware). My car had been on ver 8 and was forcefully updated without my knowledge or consent beforehand on either June 20 or 21, 2019. I’m still on 2019.28.2.5, suffering from both reduced battery capacity and reduced charging speed.

Can you share any details on these reductions? I am going to have to stop by a super charger in the near future to see exactly what I am charging at. I want to say the fastest I have seen is about 160MPH. I have had the car since 34k miles and very rarely charge past 75% and have only had to super charge maybe two dozen times.

I get a reported 192 miles of range at 75%.