Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On my 5th HVAC failure.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where to get the extended warranty, is that the same guys "We are trying to reach out to you for your car extended warranty"
is that usually bought close to get the factory warranty expiration?
If you have Geico, you can add MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance) for extra 3 years warranty. I've not confirmed how well if covers Tesla, but in general it pretty comprehensive

Reactions: BeansBeans
Well, the car is fixed again. All covered under Tesla parts warranty. The cause of failure was… a defective ac compressor! The compressor developed a leak and an electrical fault. No one knows why!

At least I got the latest and greatest compressor now. They’re at revision M, that replaced my version K.. why so many revisions? 🤷‍♂️
"...covered under Tesla parts warranty..." That warranty began with the previous A/C repair? How long was the "parts" warranty?

Hmm...revision M version revision K. My 12/2020 produced MYLR HVAC has a nasty low-frequency rumble when the compressor cycles on/off. Loud enough to wake me from my road trip "power naps/SuperCharging."

Was your K version noisy? Is the M version any different in cycling noises?

Thanks for this thread. Maybe now you have an HVAC system that will last the car until 200k miles.

I believe the parts warranty is 12mo or 12,500 miles. I’m sure in this case it was Tesla discretion to replace the parts. The advisor agreed the failures were not normal and I think that’s why they covered the repairs.

The new heat pump sounds the same as the old one. The only thing I noticed is that in 10miles to Carrolton and back to Plano while preconditioning for charging the average wh/mi was 550! Going 60/65 45deg dry and sunny. It’s not usually that high, but who knows???