Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On Ramp - transition from autosteer to FSD navigate howto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enter a destination - leave a starting point. I am on a road (two lane highway) with "Auto steer" (two blue lines).

I approach the highway exit which brings me onto the Interstate.

The autosteer will not bring me onto the Interstate, so I must disengage, or manually take over and force the car onto the exit. This does not happen for all exits. Some exits have a long enough lane, which allows me to use the turn signal.

Are there any other options other than disengage, or taking over manually? It seems like it should navigate me onto the exit?

Your only option is to purchase the (currently non-existent) FSD (Full Sell Driving) option and wait for Tesla to develop and release it to customers. They don’t have to be done in that order, but those are the steps required for what you desire (automatic driving on city streets).

You don’t say when you purchased your Model 3 or if you bought the EAP (now discontinued) or FSD options. I assume you did not. So your car does not have the capability you are looking for. I have the EAP option (I purchased in 2018) and it will do what you describe, as will the currently available FSD option, which you can purchase from Tesla.
I enter a destination - leave a starting point. I am on a road (two lane highway) with "Auto steer" (two blue lines).

I approach the highway exit which brings me onto the Interstate.

The autosteer will not bring me onto the Interstate, so I must disengage, or manually take over and force the car onto the exit. This does not happen for all exits. Some exits have a long enough lane, which allows me to use the turn signal.

Are there any other options other than disengage, or taking over manually? It seems like it should navigate me onto the exit?