Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Headlight "Eyeliner" LED not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WileyTheMan

Peanut Gallery Member
Apr 20, 2016
Los Gatos, CA
Hey, I wanted to check to see if anyone else had this issue. There's a thin strip of LED that runs below the length of the large top running light of the headlamp assembly. I noticed that this strip on one of the headlamps is not working on some TM3 owners I see on the road. So I took a look at mine recent and noticed the same thing. Light are turned on, no turn signals are on, but the driver side LED strip isn't on. I put in a service call to see what's up with that.

I did a search (not extensive) and didn't see any topics related to this. Known problem?

It seems like a really common problem. One of my accent lights had the same issue after 6 months of ownership. I noticed the reflection of the lights off cars in front of me weren't equal. I've seen multiple Model 3s with the same issue and bet that a lot of those owners have no idea. If it happened to both sides at the same time, you'd probably wouldn't even be able to tell there was problem unless you compared it to another car.