Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One is silent, the other can wake the neighborhood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. If I'm taking photos of the kids playing sports, I like a fast telephoto lens. I also love my 50mm prime for portraits.

But yeah, many times the phone does a great job. Glad it finally does. Not long ago, that wasn't true.

Thread officially derailed?
Oh man don't remind of the abominations they called cameras in the early to mid '00s.

And yes, but I didn't feel bad given the dubious focus of the title of the thread :)

Reactions: ssq
Thanks for the tips, I will probably upgrade to film more Model X videos. The problem with the T4i is that low light is poor and most importantly the auto focus is super slow on video mode. Is crappy autofocus a DSLR thing or is it just my T4i or the stock lense it came with?

What kind of lens do you recommend?

Those pics were done with the FE 24-240 lens. It's a good general purpose zoom, but it's no where near as sharp as the FE 50mm prime. I have an order in for the new FE 24-70 f2.8 G Master lens. It's been getting amazing reviews but at $2,200, it's a bit on the expensive side.

Since you're in Irvine, let get together shoot some videos.

• Informative
Reactions: K-MTG
Exactly. If I'm taking photos of the kids playing sports, I like a fast telephoto lens. I also love my 50mm prime for portraits.

But yeah, many times the phone does a great job. Glad it finally does. Not long ago, that wasn't true.

Thread officially derailed?

I don't mind. I love talking tech. :). I'll use my phone for Instagram photo. That's about it. I always have a Sony RX100 IV on me. It's an awesome point and shoot.

You may want to look at this Sony A6300. It offers 2/3 the performance of an A7R II at 1/3 the price. Its not a DSLR but it's performance is mind blowing. Best APSC camera you can buy right now. Does 4K video too!

I have a Sony a6000. It came with two kit lenses, they are not horrible. I use my Zeiss Prime lens, now that one takes great pictures.

Onur

Last edited by a moderator: