Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One is silent, the other can wake the neighborhood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gave the X and F a wash. Figure might as well do a photoshoot. Enjoy!

DSC00761.jpg
DSC00759.jpg
DSC00758.jpg
DSC00755.jpg
DSC00754.jpg
DSC00742.jpg
DSC00724.jpg
DSC00723.jpg
DSC00702.jpg

I am in need of a new DSLR to replace my old T4i and GoPro Hero 4 Black but I think that will be overkill for me as I am not a pro photographer.

You may want to look at this Sony A6300. It offers 2/3 the performance of an A7R II at 1/3 the price. Its not a DSLR but it's performance is mind blowing. Best APSC camera you can buy right now. Does 4K video too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your T4i body is plenty good. Just make sure you have some good lenses. I have a T2i that I still use.

You may want to look at this Sony A6300. It offers 2/3 the performance of an A7R II at 1/3 the price. Its not a DSLR but it's performance is mind blowing. Best APSC camera you can buy right now. Does 4K video too!

Thanks for the tips, I will probably upgrade to film more Model X videos. The problem with the T4i is that low light is poor and most importantly the auto focus is super slow on video mode. Is crappy autofocus a DSLR thing or is it just my T4i or the stock lense it came with?

What kind of lens do you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tips, I will probably upgrade to film more Model X videos. The problem with the T4i is that low light is poor and most importantly the auto focus is super slow on video mode. Is crappy autofocus a DSLR thing or is it just my T4i or the stock lense it came with?
What kind of lens do you recommend?
All you need is a good phone and you are all set as far as shooting great pictures and even 4K videos with OIS is concerned. My firm belief is 95% people who buy DSLRs either have no use for it, or are too hassled to learn how to properly use on. I used to shoot with a cheap@ss D40 and that was plenty good with decent kit lens and some creativity with filters like ND, polarisers and light weight post processing (my photostream). Majority of people think that hey if I buy a DSLR, they will end up with pro looking shots. And then a week later they realize Auto mode is all they can manage, which by itself defeats the purpose of buying a DSLR. With a T4i you already have an insanely good DSLR!!
my 2 cents..

Reactions: spottyq and ohmman
All you need is a good phone and you are all set as far as shooting great pictures and even 4K videos with OIS is concerned. My firm belief is 95% people who buy DSLRs either have no use for it, or are too hassled to learn how to properly use on. I used to shoot with a cheap@ss D40 and that was plenty good with decent kit lens and some creativity with filters like ND, polarisers and light weight post processing (my photostream). Majority of people think that hey if I buy a DSLR, they will end up with pro looking shots. And then a week later they realize Auto mode is all they can manage, which by itself defeats the purpose of buying a DSLR. With a T4i you already have an insanely good DSLR!!
my 2 cents..
Right??!? I have an older XSi, that I do know how to use, but rarely do. My iPhone 6s takes great shots, and I never have to worry about bringing it with, charging it, dealing with getting photos off of it, etc. I only break out the DSLR when I know I want really really good pictures for some special event. Or a real telephoto lens.

Reactions: ssq