Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

one month from paying 25000€ deposit and still no VIN assigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla lovers,

short version:
I paid 25000€ deposit more then month ago and my order is status still at - order confirmed. I can see from google spreadsheet that nobody waited for VIN that long. What should I do?

long version:
I contacted Tesla Vienna (I am from Czech Republic, so Vienna is the nearest dealership) earlier this year about wanting to buy Model X. I needed it to be delivered on December. We agreed that they will contact me once December delivery will be possible, which happened last week in August. They told me that December delivery is not possible and I can get in in November (which I don’t want to) or in January 2019. I wasn’t very happy about it because I already counted on having my MX in December but since there was nothing I could do I confirmed January delivery and paid deposit the same day. My order changed to confirmed on 7th of September. From that day I was checking Tesla Online configurator everyday if it won’t change estimated delivery to December and it changed to December in half of Semptember. I immediately contacted Tesla Vienna that online configurator states December delivery and if I could have it too. They confirmed me via phone that there was a change in system and that they can and will change it for me to December delivery. I was very excited about it and happy that I will get my MX in December. From that day I thought that I will get my VIN in a day or so but nothing happened. After few days I emailed Tesla Vienna that I still don’t have the VIN, if that is normal and if my delivery was really changed to December. Until this day I got no reply, I even tried to call the sales representative but without success. Any tips if waiting for VIN that long can happen and what should I do?

Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA