Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One week old… new tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have owned my 2023 MYLR for exactly one week. So far I am really enjoying the car and the experience of driving it. However, this morning I noticed the warning of low pressure in one of the tires. Sure enough, down 20psi. I aired it up and drove to the Tesla dealer. While they were very quick to take care of the issue, it cost me almost $500 for a new tire to be installed. I was told a nail in the interior sidewall made a repair not feasible. Bummer that tire damage is not covered at all.

I have owned my 2023 MYLR for exactly one week. So far I am really enjoying the car and the experience of driving it. However, this morning I noticed the warning of low pressure in one of the tires. Sure enough, down 20psi. I aired it up and drove to the Tesla dealer. While they were very quick to take care of the issue, it cost me almost $500 for a new tire to be installed. I was told a nail in the interior sidewall made a repair not feasible. Bummer that tire damage is not covered at all.
That is unfortunate. We'll be having our OEM tires swapped onto aftermarket wheels once we take delivery at Discount Tire, and will purchase the warranty while there.

This happened to me yesterday, caught a screw. Luckily I was able to get mine plugged and patched. The tire guys said they had done several that day and figure someone dropped a box of screws or something on the Interstate as they all came into town the same way I do. It was a PITA, but the local shop knocked it out. First Tesla they had worked on but did great. Luckily I had purchased some jack pads already and printed out the instructions from the manual.