Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online Delivery Date Accuracy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHen I called the Tesla store where I was going to pick mine up they said the delivery dates on the site when ordering are mostly for California and surrounding areas. Took about 2 months to get my LR AWD M3 in Montreal. All the while it kept saying "Within 2 weeks" on my Tesla account. lol

Tesla has been adding hundreds of cars to listed available new inventory the last two days - now over 600 Model 3s and MSs.. and 200 MX.

Sorry, dumb question, but I can't figure out now to find the cars listed on the spreadsheet at the "dealers". For example, this car is listed as being in Canada, but if you click the link it just takes you to the order screen. Is this car sitting on a lot somewhere in Canada?

407758 56,300 - 4 0 2.5/3 AP Mdnght Silv Mtlic All Black Partial Premium 18" Aero

Hey Adam, I ordered mine on May 2, also just saw my delivery date show up a few days ago as May 25 for the Vancouver Powell St location. No VIN assigned. My Tesla app had stopped working for a week or so then started working again once the delivery date was assigned. I'll be phoning the delivery guy who first reached out to me after my order as I need to know the final amount owing so I can get a certified cheque readied. Hoping this delivery date is real.
Hopefully your date is solid, mine is anything but so far. I ordered on 4/22 and about 3 weeks later I got a delivery date for May 21 and a VIN. A week before May 21 the delivery date changed to May 29 and the VIN disappeared from my account entirely. Just today the same VIN showed up again but I have yet to get any phone calls or emails from Tesla confirming delivery. So, not sure what is happening.

I’m from Vancouver as well.

Seems reasonable. I am in Vancouver and my timeline to date is:
  • May 4: Online order in the evening (black SR+, black interior, 19" sport wheel)
  • May 5: Account says 2-4 weeks delivery
  • May 11: Delivery date given (May 22)
  • May 15: VIN shows up in account
  • May 16: Call from Vancouver Delivery Centre to move delivery date up by one day to May 21
  • May 17: Call from Tesla to confirm delivery date and details
  • May 21: Delivery date (to be confirmed)
If nothing changes between now and Tuesday, then total time from order to delivery will be 2.5 weeks.
Did you take delivery? I’ve been waiting for 6 weeks now and delivery is scheduled for May 29. Original delivery date was May 21 so not sure why it changed. I’m from Vancouver as well.

Hopefully your date is solid, mine is anything but so far. I ordered on 4/22 and about 3 weeks later I got a delivery date for May 21 and a VIN. A week before May 21 the delivery date changed to May 29 and the VIN disappeared from my account entirely. Just today the same VIN showed up again but I have yet to get any phone calls or emails from Tesla confirming delivery. So, not sure what is happening.

I’m from Vancouver as well.
A similar thing just happened to me, my June 1st delivery date was pushed to June 13th. My friend who also ordered the same day as me (May 4th) had the same thing happen to her. I spoke with Tesla and they pretty much said until your delivery advisor reaches out to you, the date is meaningless.

A similar thing just happened to me, my June 1st delivery date was pushed to June 13th. My friend who also ordered the same day as me (May 4th) had the same thing happen to her. I spoke with Tesla and they pretty much said until your delivery advisor reaches out to you, the date is meaningless.
Adam, yesterday mine got bumped from May 25 to June 7. Same message from my delivery advisor. My vin has disappeared from my account as well. Real nuisane as first date was a Saturday, now I have to take a day off work if they stick to second date, plus concerns around BC EV rebate funding running out if further delays happen

Adam, yesterday mine got bumped from May 25 to June 7. Same message from my delivery advisor. My vin has disappeared from my account as well. Real nuisane as first date was a Saturday, now I have to take a day off work if they stick to second date, plus concerns around BC EV rebate funding running out if further delays happen
An email I got from Tesla in response to my concerns with moving dates and VIN:

"Unfortunately the delivery date that appears on your My Tesla account is an estimate. There can often be delays that occur during manufacturing and transporting the vehicles. Even at customs there can be unexpected delays. If during transport there is an accident that can lead to a change in the VIN and a much longer delays.

It doesn’t appear as though the VIN on your Tesla is changing and it is most likely a delay related to transporting the vehicle and unfortunately it is one of those things that can’t be controlled. All I can see is that it isn’t in Canada yet.

You will be contacted at some point this week to confirm your delivery but it usually isn’t done until the car arrives in Canada."

Fingers crossed that the car makes it across Canada pretty soon!

The VIN may come and go on the website; but it should be recorded on your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (which can be found with the other documents - order agreement, and lemon law notice). The main page will continue to show only your order number (RN#). I'm taking delivery today - and my page still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." - however my contract has already been finalized and final payments made.

*Vehicle is actually in route to my house now!! woot woot

Something is definitely wonky with their website.

The VIN may come and go on the website; but it should be recorded on your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (which can be found with the other documents - order agreement, and lemon law notice). The main page will continue to show only your order number (RN#). I'm taking delivery today - and my page still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." - however my contract has already been finalized and final payments made.

*Vehicle is actually in route to my house now!! woot woot

Something is definitely wonky with their website.
How were you able to finalize the contract and make payments if it doesn't show up on your account?

You should be able to find out from either your local delivery center or Tesla direct for your vehicle build status and location. With the RN numbers, they were able to tell me my order was in pre production, exit production & waiting for transport and my local DS told me this morning the car left the factory from the GPS tracker.