Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was part of the group of people who ordered then cancelled the order because of the original wind down of the rebate program, but then got a second chance when Tesla won their case in court. My original order date was June 21, 2018, I then cancelled and was contacted by Tesla I could re-order by Nov 30, 2018 which I did. Delivery was on Dec 7 and I submitted my paperwork on Jan 7 2019. On Feb 26 I received my approval email from the government that states payment should be received within 10-15 business days. I am now waiting for the check. It seemed unusually fast and I am wondering if it had something to do with the court case brought by Tesla against the government.

From past statements and speculation I suspect they want the EVIP payments finished by March 31’st. Provincial government’s fiscal year end.

I've sent an email last week inquiring about the status of my rebate.
Until now no response from anyone.

How many days did it take them to respond to your emails?

Took 4 or 5days I think. The response was that it was approved, so they might be checking the apps as they get the requests. I called the old ministry of finance number first, they said that transport has taken over and the goal is to close this out by end of fiscal year.

I just received a letter saying my EVCIP charger rebate is denied because I submitted my paperwork after Sep 10 deadline (I submitted late September). I submitted the EVIP rebate at the same time, which has a deadline of 90 days after delivery. I took delivery of my car on Sep 4, and I can't submit the charger rebate without taking delivery of the car. Doesn't seem to make sense that there would be two different rules. Plus, on the form, it says submit within 90 days of ESA approval, which my application fell under, and there's nothing about a September 10 deadline.

Anyone had their charger rebate denied?

I just received a letter saying my EVCIP charger rebate is denied because I submitted my paperwork after Sep 10 deadline (I submitted late September). I submitted the EVIP rebate at the same time, which has a deadline of 90 days after delivery. I took delivery of my car on Sep 4, and I can't submit the charger rebate without taking delivery of the car. Doesn't seem to make sense that there would be two different rules. Plus, on the form, it says submit within 90 days of ESA approval, which my application fell under, and there's nothing about a September 10 deadline.

I just got my charger rejection letter as well. Seems like a catch 22 for those of us who took possession after July.
Not sure how to proceed

I was part of the group of people that were offered EHVIP eligible VINs in December due to the summer cancellations.

Delivery: Dec 8, 2018

Submission: Dec 20, 2018

Email sent to EHVIP: Feb 5, 2019 inquiring about application

Email from EHVIP: Feb 25, 2019 stating they require additional paper work -bill of sale + config sheet ( which was apart of original submission. I resent all requested paperwork same day.

Email from EHVIP: March 15 2019 " Our processing team has previously been in contract with you (Feb 25) and the required information is still awaited. Please ensure that the requested information is sent to the e-mail address listed above in the next five (5) business days otherwise we will close your EHVIP application as incomplete." I resent again what was requested same day.

So apparently they didn't received my Feb 25 submission for additional paperwork. This will be a fight to the end! The only phone # I have is 866 767 0638 which defaults to voicemail and guess what....the mailbox is full:/

Not sure the best way to follow up to ensure all paperwork has been received.

Any help would be appreciated.

What bill of sale did u send to them?

If to go through my previous posts you should find a sample of what configuration page they are looking for and how u can get one.

I don’t think you can talk to a person the other alternative is go and visit them.

I think they got your recent mail but it’s not what they look for.

What bill of sale did u send to them?

If to go through my previous posts you should find a sample of what configuration page they are looking for and how u can get one.

I don’t think you can talk to a person the other alternative is go and visit them.

I think they got your recent mail but it’s not what they look for.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes I saw your previous post and the configuration sheet is the 1st page of MVPA so I resent the entire MVPA for the bill of sale and configuration sheet separately. I forgot they also asked on March 15 for vehicle registration which I originally sent that included both the plate portion and vehicle portion with signature + I resent again.

They got me working for it!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes I saw your previous post and the configuration sheet is the 1st page of MVPA so I resent the entire MVPA for the bill of sale and configuration sheet separately. I forgot they also asked on March 15 for vehicle registration which I originally sent that included both the plate portion and vehicle portion with signature + I resent again.

They got me working for it!

The good thing about email is you have a record.

I would send them another email with your name, address, phone number and everything including the kitchen sink. I would do that everyday until they respond. Tell them don't hesitate to call you. Also tell them you are going to file a complaint to Ombudsmen. In that case, you got one more prominent figure that can help you.

You really cannot let them close the file.

Hindsight is 20/20. If you knew the deadline was Sep 10, I would submit an INCOMPLETE application before that date. That is, without the VIN number but have everything else. They would just said your application is incomplete and ask for more info, then you can give them the VIN number to complete the application. Of course, they could complain you get the installation before you get the car, but you can argue you do that in preparation of getting the Tesla.

Now it is a dead end, paperwork was submitted after deadline. :(

I'm on the Feb 26 approval batch as well and haven't got mine either. I don't think anybody from that batch get their cheque yet.

Remember, government checks are usually run in a batch, I will we are on the next batch, they did say it would take 10 to 15 business days.

We are probably the last batch before they shut down the program. LOL