Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario-Quebec charging networks: chargepoint, Circuit électrique, VERnetwork ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its 2015 and we have (or will have soon) superchargers along the busiest travel corridors in Ontario and Quebec.

Which Ontario / Quebec charging networks (chargepoint, Circuit électrique, VERnetwork, etcetera) do folks still find worthwhile subscribing to as a supplement to this supercharger network?

Its 2015 and we have (or will have soon) superchargers along the busiest travel corridors in Ontario and Quebec.

Which Ontario / Quebec charging networks (chargepoint, Circuit électrique, VERnetwork, etcetera) do folks still find worthwhile subscribing to as a supplement to this supercharger network?

Since it costs little or nothing to get the membership cards, you might as well subscribe to all of them, just in case. The Circuit Electric and VERnetwork have announced that they will accept each others cards by the end of the year. The exact time-table is available on their sites. In that case, you can consider not getting the VERnetwork one. (They are both $10, but the CE's includes a credit of $10).

There are areas in Quebec that the Circuit Electric's CHAdeMO stations are useful.

Bumping this up for all the future Model 3 owners. What is the consensus and recommendation in terms of Charging Network Memberships? I was thinking of getting Chargepoint and Flo (Seem to be the most common in the GTA). Are there any promotions/deals to sign up on these networks.

Bumping this up for all the future Model 3 owners. What is the consensus and recommendation in terms of Charging Network Memberships? I was thinking of getting Chargepoint and Flo (Seem to be the most common in the GTA). Are there any promotions/deals to sign up on these networks.

Flo and Chargepoint is likely all you need. I’ve only used Flo once (near International Centre ), Chargepoint I use more often at GO train stations. around GTA and in the US. Don’t know of any deals but they were free to join when I did, not sure if that’s changed.

Flo and Chargepoint is likely all you need. I’ve only used Flo once (near International Centre ), Chargepoint I use more often at GO train stations. around GTA and in the US. Don’t know of any deals but they were free to join when I did, not sure if that’s changed.

I believe both Flo and ChargePoint have costs to join. Going from memory, I recall I had to pay for the ChargePoint card, but they applied that cost to my account balance for future charging sessions.With Flo, I think I had to pay for the card, then pay again to put some credits on the card.

Today, one might also be advised to set up a myEVRoute account for the KSI units (I know, I know) and a GreenLots account. I've only ever run in to one GreenLots station (a Tim Hortons in Ancaster) but you never know...

I signed up this week for ChargePoint. They didn't promise me any "card" -- maybe that was an old thing -- but I have to install the app and it integrated itself with Apple Wallet.

I had to enter a credit card but I don't think it charges anything to it until I use a charger with a fee. There was a way to pay with Apple Pay but it was buggy and wouldn't associate with any of my accounts.

I signed up this week for ChargePoint. They didn't promise me any "card" -- maybe that was an old thing -- but I have to install the app and it integrated itself with Apple Wallet.

Yeah, I signed up in 2012, so things have likely changed! But in addition to the card, I do have the newer app and associated wallet card. I use Apple Wallet all the time for credit card / debit card purchases, but had trouble with the ChargePoint wallet card at at least one station. I was waving the phone all over with no success but when I pulled the physical card out and tapped it worked right away. In addition to "tapping" you can still use the app the "old fashioned" way to activate your session over the cell network.