Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open letter to Elon

Will I a get a response from Elon?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always enjoy pitches from people who are the "only people" who can execute a business. I always think, this person is a fool, and it has been universally true. Hopefully, this deal is better then those. :)

I am passionate about Tesla and being part of a solution. Absolutely not profit driven! I will report on my progress to all of you as I get things done. Since all of you are Tesla owners, I am obliged to keep all in the loop. Should you think I am crazy and not capable to deliver, all I can say is that time will tell. Big plans do not get executed overnight. This community has inspired me and appreciate any constructive criticism. I know there are a lot of smectics on this topic and I take full responsibility to prove you wrong :)

I'm guessing it is less a pure rental company than a tesla sharing "club" like netjets, where levels of monthly membership give you wheel time. The synergy opportunities include a reduced price membership (for loaners and out of town use) as option on Tesla price list or a "sales manager" add on (like tire/wheel/paint/key warranties at conventional dealers), and use of SC space for fleet access points.

Could be done without Tesla, but more potent with.

Would take a lot of initial capital, but could pan out.

Just my vivid imagination....

NikeWings isn't a board member - and afaik (speaking for NW), he isn't a Tesla employee. I think he was only sharing the form letter that goes out when people contact the Tesla board.

Got it. Well I did get some direct calls from Tesla... more to follow. I have most certainly sparked interest as to what I am up to.

Hi Bulgar I am not a TSLA board member nor a TSLA employee nor a 'he' for that matter. ;) It was not my intention to lead you to that conclusion with my post, and I apologize. However, I did write the imagined Board reaction above, as a reminder of the class that, and seriousness with which, this Company and Board takes their responsibilities. While social media has become the megaphone of choice, its not always the best. I was only encouraging some discretion.

Anyway, one more thought given your 3 day growth rate....you could also acquire Lyft and put those 10,000 teslas immediately into a ridesharing tesla-sphere. Loaners would be archaic, owners better served, excess capacity deployed into the public market and some owners might jump into the carshare gig themselves. Eventually you would have an optimal tolling business mode.

Good luck
NW

Now plan includes 10,000 Teslas.
Big plans do not get executed overnight.
I'm hoping your plans are still in their early stages and that it will take some time before you purchase these 10,000 Teslas. At least hoping it won't happen until sometime after the initial Model 3s are delivered; otherwise, there may be 10,000 regular folks who would lose out on some or all of the Federal Tax Credit. From reading some of the other threads on this site, concerns about missing out on the tax credit appears to be a hot-button issue for some of those who have reserved Model 3s.

By the way, do cars put into commercial use count toward the 200,000 unit U.S. sales threshold for the EV credit?

You can claim multiple tax credits but you still need to owe that much in the given year. If this were a new business that would be in the negative the first year they should not owe any taxes.

I do not see Tesla making this deal. They have a lot more to lose than gain and based on Iani's past he might not be the right partner.

You can claim multiple tax credits but you still need to owe that much in the given year. If this were a new business that would be in the negative the first year they should not owe any taxes.

I do not see Tesla making this deal. They have a lot more to lose than gain and based on Iani's past he might not be the right partner.
I wasn't musing about whether or not this business can claim the Federal tax credit for itself, but rather that those 10,000 U.S. sales will count toward the 200,000 cars Tesla can sell before the credit starts winding down... thus depriving up to 10,000 regular people from qualifying for some or all of the credit.

I'm hoping your plans are still in their early stages and that it will take some time before you purchase these 10,000 Teslas. At least hoping it won't happen until sometime after the initial Model 3s are delivered; otherwise, there may be 10,000 regular folks who would lose out on some or all of the Federal Tax Credit. From reading some of the other threads on this site, concerns about missing out on the tax credit appears to be a hot-button issue for some of those who have reserved Model 3s.

By the way, do cars put into commercial use count toward the 200,000 unit U.S. sales threshold for the EV credit?

I will look into this on Monday and get back to you.

I am looking to start an idea. Should Tesla think I am the wrong person to execute, I have nothing left but to hope that they would find someone as enthusiastic as me to make the Tesla family great.

Got an e-mail that TESLA is now leasing cars... Good idea!

A 2-year lease option is one of our most popular requests. We listened and are launching a limited time test of a 2-year lease on Model S and Model X. Starting at only $593/month (details here), our new 2-year lease program was designed just for you to drive electric today, and is available on all Model S and X orders placed by September 12th.

For additional savings, combine this offer with the Tesla Referral Program and apply a $1,000 credit towards your configuration. Just get the special personal code of any Tesla owner and enter it at the time of order.

It’s never been more affordable to experience the exhilarating performance and extraordinary safety of the groundbreaking Tesla Model S sedan and Model X SUV. With the best safety ratings of any car ever built and equipped with driver assistance Autopilot features that steer, change lanes and control speed, Tesla’s zero-emissions vehicles have revolutionized the modern driving experience.

• Informative
Reactions: njxman
Got an e-mail that TESLA is now leasing cars... Good idea!

A 2-year lease option is one of our most popular requests. We listened and are launching a limited time test of a 2-year lease on Model S and Model X. Starting at only $593/month (details here), our new 2-year lease program was designed just for you to drive electric today, and is available on all Model S and X orders placed by September 12th.

For additional savings, combine this offer with the Tesla Referral Program and apply a $1,000 credit towards your configuration. Just get the special personal code of any Tesla owner and enter it at the time of order.

It’s never been more affordable to experience the exhilarating performance and extraordinary safety of the groundbreaking Tesla Model S sedan and Model X SUV. With the best safety ratings of any car ever built and equipped with driver assistance Autopilot features that steer, change lanes and control speed, Tesla’s zero-emissions vehicles have revolutionized the modern driving experience.

You want to run a business alongside Tesla with their brand and don't realize that they have been leasing vehicles all this time?!

Only the two year option is new.

Buy 1,000,000 Teslas if you want, it seems like your here to brag more than anything else.

Reactions: Zybd1201