Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open letter to Elon

Will I a get a response from Elon?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't understand the negative feedback in my attempt to publicly contact a person we all admire.

Please provide constructive criticism or questions and I will respond.
Not questioning your desire to contact Elon, just the effectiveness of using this vehicle as the means of accomplishing this. I think that's constructive advice. As others have said, if you ordered 100 cars from Tesla, you should have their ear already and for your request to be treated credibly. Nothing you post here will improve your odds of having your request honored.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Not questioning your desire to contact Elon, just the effectiveness of using this vehicle as the means of accomplishing this. I think that's constructive advice. As others have said, if you ordered 100 cars from Tesla, you should have their ear already and for your request to be treated credibly. Nothing you post here will improve your odds of having your request honored.

I agree and I have learned a lot from posting this here. Thanks for the feedback.

I was just reviewing the OP comments. I researched his company and they are a wholesaler of batteries that has grown due to the increasing use use of lead cell rechargeable batteries. So, his solution appears not to be related to his company. So, the use of his name and company is simply to try and provide some credibility to his willingness to buy 100 Teslas.

So to his idea, it would appear he wants to provide Rental Services. I suppose his idea is to setup shop at Tesla Service Centers nationwide. His company would provide discounted rates to Tesla for warranty coverage and charge customer's insurance for out of warranty repair. This business model would allow Tesla to book these cars as sales while not having to carry the current loaner vehicles on the books.
I have been in contact for 10 days with Tesla out of NJ. I have no value in promoting my brand nor my name. I am sure that my 10million commitment (not 6mil) will eventually get traction and to the right people but if we truly live in the digital age where entrepreneurs can reach out to anyone in the public space. I am looking for a rapid reaction and not just a sales cycle reaction of an average buyer. I will here by attach an example of 3View attachment 189936 View attachment 189937 View attachment 189938 of the 100 Teslas offered to me in a package deal.
So based on a few of your responses, it appears you would like to solve this perceived shortage (at some service centers) for loaner Tesla's?

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and deonb
I recommend being more clear about what you want. Don't make it sound like you want 100 free cars from Tesla to advertise their brand if this is not the case. You should edit your opening message.

I was just reviewing the OP comments. I researched his company and they are a wholesaler of batteries that has grown due to the increasing use use of lead cell rechargeable batteries. So, his solution appears not to be related to his company. So, the use of his name and company is simply to try and provide some credibility to his willingness to buy 100 Teslas.

So to his idea, it would appear he wants to provide Rental Services. I suppose his idea is to setup shop at Tesla Service Centers nationwide. His company would provide discounted rates to Tesla for warranty coverage and charge customer's insurance for out of warranty repair. This business model would allow Tesla to book these cars as sales while not having to carry the current loaner vehicles on the books.

You are very close to my idea and this is one of the avenues I would like to service Tesla owners. There is a much bigger upside in my ability to scale. Thanks for the amazing feedback and insight. A true response from a passionate Tesla owner.

Please PM me with a NDA. I have experience as a successful entrepreneur. My dealing were providing creative service solutions to multi-billion dollar national and multi-national corporations. I, too, have a multi-billion dollar idea for BEV services and would be interested in possibly working together.
You are very close to my idea and this is one of the avenues I would like to service Tesla owners. There is a much bigger upside in my ability to scale. Thanks for the amazing feedback and insight. A true response from a passionate Tesla owner.

My prototype is to buy 100 cars. Not sell Tesla a single penny. Just spend my hard earned money with them.
Then what do you need to talk to Elon about?

If you have an actual business proposal, that can be submitted to the right people - Elon doesn't get involved with every single deal like that. If you have a new technology, then a working prototype is a necessity.

Then what do you need to talk to Elon about?

If you have an actual business proposal, that can be submitted to the right people - Elon doesn't get involved with every single deal like that. If you have a new technology, then a working prototype is a necessity.

I need Elon's blessing to use the brand and his support to provided added value services to his service center infrastructure along with my core business.

I think the brand and the disruptive nature of their business tends to attract a lot of 'crackpots' with half baked ideas. So, your sort of proposal on the forum is automatically met with a lot of skepticism...

I need Elon's blessing to use the brand and his support to provided added value services to his service center infrastructure along with my core business.
He's not the one who does that. Brand approval is through the Marketing dept. Adding to the Service Center infrastructure would either be through Jon McNeill (Tesla Motors President Global Sales & Service), probably with a dash of approval from Diarmuid O'Connell (VP Business Dev)

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here. I'm trying to give you the best possible advice. Elon is stretched between Tesla, Gigafactory, SpaceX, Solar City merger, and probably several things we're currently unaware of. He's got teams in place for a reason.

He's not the one who does that. Brand approval is through the Marketing dept. Adding to the Service Center infrastructure would either be through Jon McNeill (Tesla Motors President Global Sales & Service), probably with a dash of approval from Diarmuid O'Connell (VP Business Dev)

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here. I'm trying to give you the best possible advice. Elon is stretched between Tesla, Gigafactory, SpaceX, Solar City merger, and probably several things we're currently unaware of. He's got teams in place for a reason.

I would not expect to actually have more than 5min of Elon's attention if that. Should his executives pick up my vision and support the idea, I would be 100% satisfied that I am on the right path. Thank you for identified some key decision makers for my opportunity.