Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Kenriko - The Carbon Fiber is out of stock on Amazon, and it states that it doesn't know when it will be back in stock. Any insight on timing? Thx.

mid - end of this week.

Any plans to offer the Matrix Black?

I'll be adding more materials once I'm able to get all of my current materials sufficiently stocked.

For those that are curious, this is Matrix Black.

28151601_190610095022445_6072727523366535168_n.jpg

Yes! it is my intention to ship inventory north of the wall, but some white walkers got in my way.

~Keeping Amazon.com in stock has blocked me from sending inventory to Amazon.ca yet. But it's coming, just with a slightly longer wait than intended (kinda like the Model 3)

I may have missed it, though did try to go through all the posts carefully - has there been an update on Amazon.ca inventory? Just got back from a 1 week road trip and ended up keeping a cloth over the console, as the reflections from the sun were pretty bright & distracting. Very excited about hopefully being able to order the brushed black console wrap at some point :)

Anyone here in the Houston Texas area and has a Model 3 with a more recent VIN (say 20k or up?)

I've had two negative reviews on the door sill wraps that claim the letters don't match up (they do match on my car perfectly)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F28PGD3

My current thought is Tesla may have changed the letters in newer cars since my VIN is in the 7k range which is kinda old at this point. Need to test it on a newer car to verify.

Wish I were anywhere remotely close to you to help out since I just got mine. Sorry to hear about the negative reviews and the potential design change on the sills; it'll definitely make logistics of selling them much harder : (

~Paik

Last edited:
Anyone here in the Houston Texas area and has a Model 3 with a more recent VIN (say 20k or up?)

I've had two negative reviews on the door sill wraps that claim the letters don't match up (they do match on my car perfectly)

My current thought is Tesla may have changed the letters in newer cars since my VIN is in the 7k range which is kinda old at this point. Need to test it on a newer car to verify.

Maybe try on the regional thread? Or at the top level Model 3 Forum?

If you have any plans to swing to Austin soon, I have a 40k VIN. Or someone could just take a picture of the door sill with a ruler?

I have swatch books for everyone except Avery (none match) I'm going to order samples of every Avery Red to see if they have a match (not hopeful)

Hi Kenriko
Did you get a chance to figure out the best color match of the Vinyl to M3 colors, especially Red :)? This could also circumvent the issue you are having w/ the lettering not matching exactly w/ the door sills :)

Thanks again for your help

Kenriko,
I understand the logistics of theoretically managing 2 different sets of door sill vinyl packages is daunting, but I really appreciate everything you’ve done for the model 3 enthusiast community. I’ve already bought both your center console and door trim carbon fiber packages on Amazon and have loved them both (I’ve also left reviews on both). Keep up the great work and I’m patiently waiting for the CF door sill and door handles packages to come in stock on Amazon so I can pick that one up. I also have 7xxx VIN so I’m assuming that I should be good with your current door sill wrap dimensions, right?

@Kenriko,

Keep us posted on this! Is this why the CF door sill kit hasn’t posted yet? I keep checking.

Ski