Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember reading a post where they put a red vinyl underneath the door-sill wrap, and could get a Red Model 3 show through. Can someone point me to that post? I want to replicate that, as the rear door sills will have the car color (red in my case) show through too.

I remember reading a post where they put a red vinyl underneath the door-sill wrap, and could get a Red Model 3 show through. Can someone point me to that post? I want to replicate that, as the rear door sills will have the car color (red in my case) show through too.

Here are some small-quantity Avery red vinyls on Amazon: https://goo.gl/ZrdefD. Does anyone know which Avery color is closest to Tesla red?

Quick question what is the lifespan of the vinyl products? Will the center console and door trim wraps need to be replaced ever?

They have a life of 5-10 years when applied to the exterior of the car. Should be even longer on interior applications.

More likely you will scratch it up or get bored with the finish long before the wrap itself fails.

• Funny
Reactions: Kinupe
I, too, am thinking of red over the "Model 3" lettering before applying your door-sill kit in carbon fiber. Do other brands have a good red? 3M?

3M has gloss cinder spark red. Not a perfect match.

1601-medium.jpg

Amazon checked in the inventory as if it were the "Brushed Black" - gotta wait for them to actually go and check what's in the box before they fix it. The system won't let me complain about it for 21 days so I'll need to send another box of inventory.

Sorry. :-(

These guys need to up their game and fix the mistake. I'm waiting on the CF door sills. Amazon has terrible warehousing issues. They frequently mess things up like if you send a lot (aka 5-pack) they have opened up a package and only sent one to a customer. Then the customer complains because they only received one instead of the 5-pack. It screws up the inventory numbers and sales numbers. You'd think they would be better at this considering it's the majority of their job.

~Paik

Hi Kenriko
Can I request you to copy/paste this into your 1st post in this thread, Also, indicate if you plan to support/add some of these in the future.

Matte Black

Matte White

Brushed Metal (Vertical)
Brushed Metal (Horizontal)
  • Console Wrap:
  • Door Trim:
  • Door Sill:
  • Door Handle:
  • Full Chrome Delete:
Carbon Fiber
Install Videos
  • Console Wrap: