Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my fellow Canadians, I highly recommend finding a local freight forwarder that has a US address, self declare with customs, then pay the forwarding fee. Mine is $12 CAD per parcel.

This saves you atrocious shipping and handling fees (which are also in freedom dollars) as they can usually ship within the US for a nominal fee or free.

For my fellow Canadians, I highly recommend finding a local freight forwarder that has a US address, self declare with customs, then pay the forwarding fee. Mine is $12 CAD per parcel.

This saves you atrocious shipping and handling fees (which are also in freedom dollars) as they can usually ship within the US for a nominal fee or free.

I think that would still come out around the same cost overall ($19 USD?) but might get there faster depending on how fast the freight forwarder is at getting them delivered on the other side. We're working on sourcing cheaper boxes so we might be able to cut $1-2 off when we get them which would make it just slightly cheaper.

Right now we're charging less for the item and then charging shipping, we could do free shipping but then the item would cost more too. It costs us more to sell through our website than Amazon because we don't get the same volume discounts they do. In the end, it's all semantics since you're still paying for the shipping on an item that has "free shipping" because it's baked into the price of the item. o_O

@Kenriko great job with the install video! Clever idea to spray water and use the backing rolled up as a tool.

I watch a lot of CK Wraps and he often uses masking tape to prevent sticking, but it seems like the spray method will do a better job at tight spaces.

Any challenges getting good adhesion with spraying water? I know you wipe it off, but it seems like there might still be a little residual moisture.

@Kenriko great job with the install video! Clever idea to spray water and use the backing rolled up as a tool.

I watch a lot of CK Wraps and he often uses masking tape to prevent sticking, but it seems like the spray method will do a better job at tight spaces.

Any challenges getting good adhesion with spraying water? I know you wipe it off, but it seems like there might still be a little residual moisture.

Since the water is used at the edges it dries and comes out when the material is heated. If you do get a water bubble stuck under there it'll gas out over a few days when the car is parked in the sun (similar to tint)

We've had these on test cars since late last year using this same install method with no longevity issues so far.

• Informative
Reactions: Deadpool_25