Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, no. They are controlled with a switch, not a setting that can be accessed (but I agree, that - or preheating the car would be great).

Maybe there is a way to wake up the car over bus to a state where the HVAC gets power? That would solve the preheating.
Even if you have to fully power the car it is undrivable without disarming with keyfob (at least in my 2.5). But I don't know if this is possible without a key, but since my car had an issue earlier where it was impossible to turn the car off (removing the key did nothing) I would think it's possible.

The feature 14 has been set on 8 to stop SMS messages, but app notifications kept on coming. About 1 month ago reception of notifications in the app suddenly stopped. To be sure I set feature 14 on 0 but also SMS messages do not come back.
When the notifications still worked I sometimes received 20 times the same but did not pay attention since it is better to get it 20 times than no messages at all
I really miss the notifications if charging is interrupted.
How can I reset this function or is the software getting unstable?

ditto ... I too lost Push notification recently, I thought it was Android 6.0.1 ??
and I've been re-installing android app and trying all sorts, but no app notifications.

Also in Android, (6+) on settings, instead of seeing a picture of my car (OK a white car :) ) I just get a 1/2 inch high blue band with Signal strength and the edit with a o thro it ....
Screenshot_20151214-202534.jpg

and so no access to features etc (but I've never been able to set those in the android app - so just use SMS)

Also, I noticed the experimental 'show speed instead of amps' on main instrument is not working .. >1 (feature 0, value over 1)
I'm using 1 or 10, may be should use 100 ??

Otherwise all working fine and loving it :smile:

(I dont like to bother Mark as I'm sure he has a job to do, but maybe other, more experienced OVMS users with Android, on here might know the answers or at least confirm these issues)

The feature 14 has been set on 8 to stop SMS messages, but app notifications kept on coming. About 1 month ago reception of notifications in the app suddenly stopped. To be sure I set feature 14 on 0 but also SMS messages do not come back.
When the notifications still worked I sometimes received 20 times the same but did not pay attention since it is better to get it 20 times than no messages at all
I really miss the notifications if charging is interrupted.
How can I reset this function or is the software getting unstable?

Hmm, I lost Push notification on 22. October and haven't received any since that.

Same here.

I thought it might have been caused when I went from the Android app to the iPhone 5s.

ditto ... I too lost Push notification recently, I thought it was Android 6.0.1 ??
and I've been re-installing android app and trying all sorts, but no app notifications.

I finally pulled the trigger on H2O wireless and am very happy to have the OVMS app back, but still no notifications here.

Has anyone been getting notifications (either sms or via the app) since October 22?

By chance is anyone having an issue with OVMS this evening? I am trying to migrate from an Android to an iPhone and the iPhone app shows a flashing Grey antenna so it can't connect to the server. This may be my dumb timing as I can't seem to reach http://www.openvehicles.com or http://www.openvehicles.com/helpme either. So I am assuming the server is down at the moment. I even tried to change to the new IP address 54.197.255.127 with no luck.

Texts work with the new phone but not the iPhone app.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been travelling...

Regarding Android PUSH notifications, the issue is that Google deprecated and shut down the c2dm push notification service we were using. They have a habit of doing this, and it is incredibly frustrating. We have updated the server to support the replacement gcm push notification service, and the android app itself has also been updated, but needs to be side-loaded at present:

http://dexters-web.de/f/tw/OpenVehicleApp-release-3.11.0.apk

We hope to get this packaged up and in the google play store within this month.

Regarding Open Vehicles | Open Vehicle Monitoring System, that is up and running. There was a short outage earlier today, as we were doing some upgrade work on it, and most likely you stumbled on that.

Regards, Mark.

Markwj, thank you so much for getting back. Yes I see Open Vehicles | Open Vehicle Monitoring System is back up but the new iPhone app is still not working for me. Just the grey blinking antenna. I can log into the server so I assume I properly know my userid and password. However, I assume I am doing something wrong as I am new to iPhones and Apple in general and do not see issues being posted.

So any advice would be appreciated.

Markwj, thank you so much for getting back. Yes I see Open Vehicles | Open Vehicle Monitoring System is back up but the new iPhone app is still not working for me. Just the grey blinking antenna. I can log into the server so I assume I properly know my userid and password. However, I assume I am doing something wrong as I am new to iPhones and Apple in general and do not see issues being posted.

So any advice would be appreciated.

I sometimes have swapped Module with Server password... So, I suggest checking that...

I have both Android and iOS apps working @ the same time.

I sometimes have swapped Module with Server password... So, I suggest checking that...

I have both Android and iOS apps working @ the same time.

Good suggestion but not sure that is my problem as I have tried 3 times even removing and reinstalling the app. I may have gotten wrong the first time but I hope to goodness not the last two.

I did hard code the ip address in the app after reading it was changed.

Good suggestion but not sure that is my problem as I have tried 3 times even removing and reinstalling the app. I may have gotten wrong the first time but I hope to goodness not the last two.

I did hard code the ip address in the app after reading it was changed.

I have OVMS Server set for tmc.openvehicles.com and port 6867... Hope that helps