Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions about purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the most annoying parts of my MYP ownership has been the time to get a service appointment. Had some fit issues and had to wait two weeks for a service. Fine, no biggie. One month into ownership, i get the passenger seat restraint sensor issue. I had to wait one month for a service. Nobody to talk to about this. No way to escalate the issue. For one month, I only used it as a commuter car and not the family car on the weekends because we were concerned about safety for my wife. Last week, same sensor issue pops up again. Initially they let me book a mobile appointment on the app out one week. Sweet. Two days later they determine it needs to go to a service center and just changed it to the closest center AND ONCE AGAIN BOOKED OUT ONE MONTH. I complain this is the 2nd time for the same issue and now we can’t use the vehicle as the primary vehicle. No response on the app. Out of six months of ownership, two months of it has had the same issue that to me seems like a major safety issue / functionality issue. At least for me the center is 15 minutes away. If it was 200 miles away, I’d be loath to own this vehicle. I also have a Rivian R1S on order and the only reason I’ve stuck with it is they are honoring the original pricing. But we will see where the service centers are in 2024 because that vehicle is even more beta that Tesla and currently the closest center is about 1.5hrs away. PASS.

I’ve had the following give me issues:
  • trunk switch/button
  • window regulators (they still haven’t fixed them properly)
  • spoiler keeps coming off
  • turn signal stalk (took them three times)

All small-ish issues but some took a couple of trip to the service center. Annoying but it was good to have the service center 15 minutes away