Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on centre cap colours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @pcons , where did you get your center caps for these wheels? I'm thinking of getting a set of these as my winter tire solution.
They came with the rims, but they had the logo of the rim manufacturer on them so I re-painted them and applied the tesla T logo on them. If you dont care about having the rim logo on them, then you dont have to do any extra work as they will come with the rims if you order from the same place.

Reactions: okeefe73
Yeah, those look much better on your rims. I'm thinking I should have gone silver and white. If I'm crazy maybe I will try and spray them with plastidip white and use a knife to cut out the T and pull the rest....or in actuality probably easier to just order a set from the 3d sticker company and save all the hassle.....I spent way too much time on this already :oops:
eBay also has a number of people selling centre cap emblems in different colours - if you wanted you could get a large black sticker for these caps and the resin-domed version from 3DCentreCaps. The latter are hand made and take a few weeks to get to you, but with two sets you can try out black and silver to see what you like for low cost, keep both and switch when you want to just for a slightly different look, or just sell the set you don't want? I had to return an eBay set as it didn't fit the after market rims but I remember the quality seemed pretty good.

They came with the rims, but they had the logo of the rim manufacturer on them so I re-painted them and applied the tesla T logo on them. If you dont care about having the rim logo on them, then you dont have to do any extra work as they will come with the rims if you order from the same place.

Cool, I didn't realize that the rims came with their own centre caps. I've never purchased alloy rims for my previous vehicles. I had always felt that good old steelies were sufficient. LOL