Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions wanted- dark ash wood decor and white vs carbon fiber and white

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had it replaced with the OEM carbon fiber by Tesla. It was done under goodwill for me but it’s a very long story. Suffice it to say we’ve been coming up with some “creative solutions” to make up for a poor ownership experience thus far.

I had it replaced with the OEM carbon fiber by Tesla. It was done under goodwill for me but it’s a very long story. Suffice it to say we’ve been coming up with some “creative solutions” to make up for a poor ownership experience thus far.
Did your dark ash come scratched from factory like mine did? My whole car came swirled up from the factory, or it may have been from the “detailing” before I picked it up.

I noticed the paint at delivery and they said they would fix it, but I decided not to let them try, fearing they would only make it worse. To be fair I had a door replaced and the body shop couldn’t make the newly painted door swirl free either. I think it’s just the nature of black paint.

The center console is pretty swirled up too, but I didn’t notice for a few days after I had the car, so I didn’t bother complaining.

Did your dark ash come scratched from factory like mine did? My whole car came swirled up from the factory, or it may have been from the “detailing” before I picked it up.

I noticed the paint at delivery and they said they would fix it, but I decided not to let them try, fearing they would only make it worse. To be fair I had a door replaced and the body shop couldn’t make the newly painted door swirl free either. I think it’s just the nature of black paint.

The center console is pretty swirled up too, but I didn’t notice for a few days after I had the car, so I didn’t bother complaining.

My car came with some swirls in the paint (also black) as well as some scratches on the dark ash console cover. The paint swirls I wasn’t particularly upset about because this car is my daily driver in northern climes so paint issues from salt/sand/rocks are inevitable and a wise man once told me to just accept it.

Reactions: P85_DA