TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Opticoat Leather protectant

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by spykids777, Dec 2, 2015.

1. spykids777

spykids777 Member

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Hi- I recently got a metallic silver 90d with grey leather seats. Are these seats coated with something to protect them? Anyone tried Opticoat leather and vinyl protectant? I am being offered to get the whole interior covered for ~$350. Does anyone have any opinions?
  2. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Aug 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I had my white signature leather done a year ago when the car was new. Drivers seat has dye transfer at the belt line on the backrest. I have tried a number of leather cleaning products to get it off but no dice. So far, contrary to the paint treatment which i think is great, i am unimpressed with the leather treatment. My car goes in next 16th December for its annual Opticoat maintenance treatment to maintain the warranty, and i will let the pro have a go at it. if he can't clean it, then i will officially report it as a waste of money and time. The Opticoat glass treatment is also a waste of time.
  3. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Anybody have any more experience with this opticoat? I've been looking at a few of the products out there and am considering a ceramic type of coating but also want to do my interior. Looking for opinions
  4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Jun 24, 2014
    Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
    I have the same issue as Dborn and am equally as unimpressed on my beige leather seats.
  5. Justin Wamsley

Justin Wamsley New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Toledo, Ohio
    I can't speak for Opticoat, but I'm an installer for Ceramic Pro and IMO I think interior coatings are a waste unless you get it retreated each year. Depending on usage and traffic, must stuff last around 12 months.