Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orange Color on Sunroof when Wet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back when I got my car people said Tesla had three sources for their glass. All had IR protection but each mfgr had their own “forumla” for adding it so the results were different. My husband’s MS is mostly reddish under these same conditions and my rear glass doesn’t reflect color and is more black I guess you could say. Most of the year I don’t see the color change but I do look forward to winter for this reason.

If you have HW3 you have visualizations (stop signs, stop lights etc) in the USA if you have them enabled under the Autopilot settings. Oh, and you also have a crap backup camera frame rate which I swear I won’t stop talking about till Tesla fixes it for us HW3 owners.
I only get traffic cones; no stop lights or signs. I’m too chicken to leave AP engaged as I approach stop signs or lights.

It is not only a Model 3 thing. My MX has it and I really like the look.

Used to be able to spot Teslas on the highway coming towards me from quite a distance by looking for the orange tint. I didn't realize that this wasn't a thing anymore.

It won’t stop for those anyway. So you have HW3. You just need to turn on the visualizations in the Autopilot settings for the stop lights/signs etc. Again, it’s just visualizations.
Yes, looks like I have HW3. Turned on FSD Preview and now see the signs and lights in the visualization. Thanks.
Time to sit in the car, put on some music, and play with the menus again.

Reactions: WilliamG