Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wet orange look replacement roof glass

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I had my roof glass replaced in my 2018 TM3 at the local Service Center and they didn't use the original orange wet look glass when they did it. I asked if they had an option for orange and there wasn't a single person at the shop who knew what I was talking about. Had to splash some water on the car to get them to understand.

Now that I have broken the glass myself pulling the roof rack off I am shopping for the original glass off another Tesla, but I am not sure which part numbers are the correct ones. I have seen part numbers 1086927-00-A, 1086927-98-D, 1086927-99-D, 1467252-00-A, 1487150-00-A, 1587892-00-A on eBay, but not sure which are orange and which are black.

This is the deal for those of you with newer cars:

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 7.39.55 AM.png

Both the rear glass and the roof glass are supposed to be that orange color

Reactions: ElectricIAC

Timbo2

Jun 8, 2019
USA
A quick scan here and elsewhere suggests that Tesla stopped using the "orange" glass in in early 2019. I'm assuming you are buying a used piece of glass?

So you'd need to find somebody with a build somewhere in that time frame and ask what the part number is. Do you know where/if it is located on the glass?

Now that I have broken the glass myself pulling the roof rack off
Bummer! Not when installing it?

Note: Just in case, this could help someone installing a Model 3 roof rack and missing the templates:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC