Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm noticing that the ones heavily discounted have Odometers greater than 20-30miles and have been in inventory for over a month. (United States Tesla New Model Y inventory) shows some details if you click through. The ones in IL specifically could have gone to a body shop to fix some defects. When I bought my '22 MYLR it had 24 miles on the Odometer and the autopilot cameras were already calibrated. Later when I was washing the car, I discovered that a portion of the rear quarter panel (the portion of the paint nearest the little glass) was re-painted and doesnt have the same gloss as the other side of the vehicle. Only a detailer or those looking for the spot would notice. Please look through the details of the vehicle before you agree to buy it. You can also right click - > view page source on the Tesla inventory page when looking at the vehicle and search for "odometer" with quotes to show you the mileage on the car.

I see 37,080 for a lr awd stealth grey. I don’t want that color. Lame 19 geminis

If Tesla wants to play ball, bring back the free color upgrade by 3/31 and lower performance black to 39,999 inc. tax credit. I would be a buyer there.

With depreciation at record highs for Tesla’s it’s already a gamble buying new. Ewon might decide a price cut is needed again. Don’t put it past them IMG_4851.jpeg

Last edited:
Can someone share how to get the color upgrade as a current owner? Still waiting for a 10-% discount on the performance variant
I was told by a Tesla rep that the color upgrade discount will be applied after you submit your order. So, for example, if you are buying a MY in red then Tesla will reduce the price by 2k.

Also, please not only one color discount will apply (can't do both exterior and interior color upgrade).

Reactions: vickh and tesluv108
Which is exactly why my inside guy said just wait, ur car isn't going anywhere, plenty of cars every day coming in.
And he is right about cars coming in too, inventory just made another jump today to the highest level historically,

notice all of the 18th -23th of the end of quarter there would be a jump, but this level of increase? I am hoping for more discounts coming, fingers crossed.

1710954521752.png

And he is right about cars coming in too, inventory just made another jump today to the highest level historically,

notice all of the 18th -23th of the end of quarter there would be a jump, but this level of increase? I am hoping for more discounts coming, fingers crossed.

View attachment 1029993
Very true. I, however, based on his opinion and he has been good so far am going to pull the trigger now because I need to take delivery by March 31st for the free color offer + cybertruck offer, financing, and having a delivery date scheduled, there is only so much more we can wait.

Realisitcally how much longer can we even wait before we would be passing March 31st for the delivery date with everything else that needs to happen prior to delivery being scheduled?

Last edited:
Very true. I however, based on his opinion and he has been good so far am going to pull the trigger now because I need to take delivery by March 31st for the free color offer + cybertruck offer, financing, and having a delivery date scheduled, there is only so much more we can wait.

Realisitcally how much longer can we even wait before we would be passing March 31st for the delivery date with everything else that needs to happen prior to delivery being scheduled?
True, I don't know how the inventory counts actually work, they could be far from delivering and are for April sale.

I could be making my move soon too, just trying to see if non-grey colors would also have the 10% off.

Okay, I just put my order in for a MYLR Red. The Tesla agent had to grab one that was going to Chicago but we got it done. Now onto all the filling out stuff on the Tesla app work. A bit different experience than it was 5 years ago when nothing I did was really on the app.