Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order cancellation by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if I am posting this at the right place. pls advice.

need urgent help (sorry for the long post)

Ordered model x - (paid deposit) last week. with free ludicrous on a older 2019 model x when it was still p100d and not long range and a showroom model. so there was some price reduction.

but it seems like they don't want to sell the car to me now. and they are coming up with one reason after the other.
first there was a cosmetic damage to the interior that they said they would not fix (I would have to pay and get fixed after delivery). I said ok because that would still be a good deal and the car was configured/built to my exact preference.

I thought asking me to fix some interior defect was wrong (anyways I agreed) and checked with the sales person that everything else is good. And he said its otherwise in great condition.

Delivery is scheduled today, Loan approved, added to insurance etc.

Sales person came back again yesterday and said that there is damage ("worn out") to the seat and was advised not to sell this car, but rather sell a new car with no discount, but can still get the free ludicrous upgrade. I feel like they just don't want to sell it to me because I was getting a great discount? (sales guy repeatedly was saying that I was getting a great discount etc. how awesome this deal is and its a great car etc.)

What is my recourse? I paid the deposit, prepared to take delivery today, planned my life around it, sold my old car, and let go the other new cars I was considering before I choose this.

have they actually cancelled it and refusing to sell it? or just really pushing you to get a new one?

how much of a discount is it? should be at least 10-15k over original msrp (not including the free ludicrous)

Hmmm. Go for delivery and decide for yourself if the "defects" are bad enough to warrant a new order. Be honest with them and let them know you would rather proceed with the agreed upon purchase because the deal is good enough. You want to decide for yourself rather than rescind the order site unseen and lose the discount. Likely if you go for delivery, and it ends up being bad enough to refuse delivery, then be prepared to go through all the hassle if you were going to depend on it in the coming weeks for transportation. If there is something more where they don't want you to take delivery, then call their bluff...they may just give you a bigger discount on a Raven than what is currently on the table.

Reactions: Big Earl
Two possibilities:
1) They've simply screwed up and can't deliver by end of 2019Q2 and they want you to buy before the end of Q2.
2) The salesman's trying to use your current commitment and the 2019Q3 tax credit drop to $1,875 to get you to spend more on a vehicle.

Either way request the same price on the new vehicle and if they refuse, walk away, demand a full refund and go buy yourself a different vehicle.

Not sure if I am posting this at the right place. pls advice.

need urgent help (sorry for the long post)

Ordered model x - (paid deposit) last week. with free ludicrous on a older 2019 model x when it was still p100d and not long range and a showroom model. so there was some price reduction.

but it seems like they don't want to sell the car to me now. and they are coming up with one reason after the other.
first there was a cosmetic damage to the interior that they said they would not fix (I would have to pay and get fixed after delivery). I said ok because that would still be a good deal and the car was configured/built to my exact preference.

I thought asking me to fix some interior defect was wrong (anyways I agreed) and checked with the sales person that everything else is good. And he said its otherwise in great condition.

Delivery is scheduled today, Loan approved, added to insurance etc.

Sales person came back again yesterday and said that there is damage ("worn out") to the seat and was advised not to sell this car, but rather sell a new car with no discount, but can still get the free ludicrous upgrade. I feel like they just don't want to sell it to me because I was getting a great discount? (sales guy repeatedly was saying that I was getting a great discount etc. how awesome this deal is and its a great car etc.)

What is my recourse? I paid the deposit, prepared to take delivery today, planned my life around it, sold my old car, and let go the other new cars I was considering before I choose this.

Show up, look then decide. At least show up.

...sales guy repeatedly was saying that I was getting a great discount etc. how awesome this deal is and its a great car etc...

From the company's standpoint, discounted / cheaper used and new inventory cars are much more profitable than more expensive brand new cars.

Moving out their discounted / cheaper used and new inventory cars is a priority because of space while your brand new car occupies no space because it's not assembled yet.

thank you for all the positive responses! you guys are awesome. here is a closure.

Ok so I went, and took delivery. It was slightly stained (probably from denim) but not bad enough for the discount. The car was a good buy, (as of now).

"Redgt" is on the spot about the discount. I think they were trying to split the discount between a new buyer and a repeat buyer. Although, the same guy had told me that he had to get a special permission to give me both discounts (the adjustment and the free upgrade), probably before he found another new buyer.

The 50 amp charger adapter is not included anymore and did not have any for me to buy. I think this is part of the free "Ludicrous" mode.

how do I drive the car tomorrow? Not including a $30 adapter with a 140k car is ludicrous.

thank you for all the positive responses! you guys are awesome. here is a closure. Ok, so I went and took delivery. It was slightly stained (probably from denim) but not bad enough for the discount. The car was a good buy, (as of now).

"Redgt" is on the spot about the discount. I think they were trying to split the discount between a new buyer and a repeat buyer. Although, the same guy had told me that he had to get special permission to give me both discounts (the adjustment and the free upgrade), probably before he found another new buyer.

The 50 amp charger adapter is not included anymore and did not have any for me to buy. I think this is part of the free "Ludicrous" mode.
how do I drive the car tomorrow? Not including a $30 adapter with a 140k car is ludicrous.

Congratulations on your new Tesla! Just use a local Supercharger until your 50A adapter arrives... :cool:

Reactions: AvinashK
The 50 amp charger adapter is not included anymore

Move along, there may be other issues that make the adapter look small, keep in good standing with service, none of these cars are perfect anyway, nothing is. So enjoy your new car.

When I got my car I wanted new matts, they refused to do it. More then a year later I asked again, a new set I would pay for them, put the old set in the trunk.

They ended up putting in new matts and a completely new set was in the trunk in a sealed bag-two new sets no charge. Service writer person said they accidentally threw the old set out.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Move along, there may be other issues that make the adapter look small, keep in good standing with service, none of these cars are perfect anyway, nothing is. So enjoy your new car.

When I got my car I wanted new matts, they refused to do it. More then a year later I asked again, a new set I would pay for them, put the old set in the trunk.

They ended up putting in new matts and a completely new set was in the trunk in a sealed bag-two new sets no charge. Service writer person said they accidentally threw the old set out.

Nice!!