Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order for 5 seat and modify for 7 seats to avoid price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked with my Sales Advisor today, and we have a good relationship... He remembers me from buying my P3D- over 2 years ago in the Bay Area (Dublin location). He said he couldn't do anything on the 'back end' to indicate I want a 7 seater and/or put that into my order today if I order a standard. He also talked to the manager of that location and no joy there either.

He did say 7 seaters will be available next month to order, but the price will be higher. If anyone finds an SA that can modify the order on the back end, please let us all know.

Ugh, so annoying! They should at least allow existing customers have a little more flexibility

We are in the same boat. But honestly Tesla misses out on our end this time. We wanted 7 seat with fsd before the price went up. But now we will just opt for the 7 seat with no fsd. We have it on our other 2 Tesla’s, and it would have just been a bonus for the Y. But not needed especially at 10k.

We are in the same boat. But honestly Tesla misses out on our end this time. We wanted 7 seat with fsd before the price went up. But now we will just opt for the 7 seat with no fsd. We have it on our other 2 Tesla’s, and it would have just been a bonus for the Y. But not needed especially at 10k.

I'm think I'm leaning your direction too. Driving assistance is mainly for road trips for me to take the edge of the tiredness, so freeway driving. Could split the difference and get EAP for ~$4-5K

I also wonder if they'll do an upgrade incentive for existing owners of Y's down the road

I'll wait to see if eap is offered again even at $5k I'd probably order it over spending $8-10k for fsd. I agree this is mainly for longer drives on highway for me. If I had to make a guess eap probably shows up at the end of q4 for for $5k.