Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order now, get white seats later?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very heavily considering just ordering my car now, giving up on white interior and just ordering replacement white seats when they finally become available. The wait for something so simple is becoming ridiculous.

With the recent pricing changes the white interior is now a $1500 option on the performance model, and so it will likely be the same when it becomes available for non-performance. The only differences besides seat color are a small center area on each door, and white dash instead of wood. We don't even know what material the dash is and it can be wrapped anyway. Losing the door center pieces seems a small price to pay to get the car much sooner. I can get seat covers or live with the black until white seats become available as replacement parts. It will lower my purchase prices on the car, and here in Nevada my registration fees are based in part on MSRP, saving me money there every year. And I can order before premium connectivity becomes extra, saving money there as well.

Has anyone here replaced seats in a Tesla? They're normally pretty easy to replace on most cars - some bolts, snaps and electrical connectors. Or get the black ones reupholstered or replace with 3rd party. The long wait and $1500 upcharge is making other options much more attractive.

Reactions: stayfocus18
I'm very heavily considering just ordering my car now, giving up on white interior and just ordering replacement white seats when they finally become available. The wait for something so simple is becoming ridiculous.

I wouldn't count on Tesla selling you replacement white seats. They don't like to sell parts that aren't an exact replacement for your car. (As an example they don't allow next-gen seat upgrades on the S anymore.)

Yeah, I decided to give up and order AWD with black interior. :( Even that is giving me an estimate of Sep-Nov, so who knows how long it would be before I could get the same with white interior. At least I can get AWD now! That was only made available to me yesterday or the day before.

I am not willing to keep waiting until next year for white interior when there is no firm ETA at all, while my gas cars keep sucking down fuel money and getting older.

Last edited:
I purchased my M3 Feb of 2018. I was not sure at the time how long it would take for white seat to become available on M3. I was debating if I should replace with TSportline Vegan White at some point. Sales opportunity came up that TSporline offered their Vegan White Perforated design for less than $1500. I quickly purchased and asked my local super handy mechanic (Mega Automotive Group in Rockville MD) if he could install for me. He had lots of seat installation experience before so I was willing to take the chance on him. I can tell you that I could not be happier. Seats are a lot more comfortable than original skis from Tesla. My car is to supper cool (temperature and look). I highly recommend changing to White interior and also recommend using a trusted installer. Installation ended up being very complex as both airbags and seat warmers are attached to skin. Installer would also need to be very patient as it needs a few improvisation to get things right. I highly recommend Mega Automotive Group (11806 Coakley Circle Rockville MD) if you are in Washington DC area.